Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated: Citi Pre-selected offer for card I already have

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Pre-selected offer for card I already have

I just updated the thread today, the previous posts are in response to my original post where I was under the impression I did get the decrease.

Message 11 of 13
taxi818
Super Contributor

I see. i thought it was strange they are giving congrats. and you got boned basically. anyway. i think only way was to cancel original card and re apply under the new offer. but wow. that is no guarantee either. good luck.

Message 12 of 13
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Grats on getting the better deal Smiley Happy

To answer your question, the marketing department already had the offer for you prior to your app and apping for the card doesnt stop the mailing it takes them a few months to get caught up and know that you have that card.

If that's true, then why didn't I get that rate when I applied?

Since you didnt app with the pre screened offer they were free to evaluate your credit worthiness on the open market and a bank will always vote in their favor, afterall they make money on the amount of interest they can charge you for carrying a balance.

+1. i know it sucks. but it is what it is. it appears people are congratulating you and not reading entire thread. but i would not sweat it. just don't carry too many balances and the apr really wont matter.

The congratulations were from 3/9 Taxi.  I would call the numbers.  You can also cancel after introductory period, and try again.  Looks like citi is starting to be competitive for attraction sake (good customers don't like 22.99 interest rate). 

Edit: see OP beat me to it. Smiley Happy

Signature needs updating
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.