Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Updated)US Bank Why dont u show me some LUV?? :(

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: (Updated)US Bank Why dont u show me some LUV?? :(

@askme3012 wrote:

Hate to bring back old threads to life, but even after a yr of banking (checking + CC) and 12 statements, not a dime increase. Smiley Sad 

That leads to 2 possibilities, either they have stopped giving auto-clis, or my account doesnt qualify.

Has anyone got any auto-cli from US Bank recently?

After I had had my Cash Plus for about 6 months I asked about the CLI process (note I didn't ask for a CLI!).  I was told that they no longer grant auto-CLIs and that the customer has to request them.  OK, fine.   But the reason I asked was days earlier (and after) people were posting here about auto-CLIs on their cash plus and other US BAnk cards.   So, as with many banks, can't always believe what you are told.

Now, after 15 months no auto-CLI, although my usage has been pretty low.  $2000 per quarter to be precise!

Message 21 of 27
askme3012
New Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@askme3012 wrote:

Hate to bring back old threads to life, but even after a yr of banking (checking + CC) and 12 statements, not a dime increase. Smiley Sad 

That leads to 2 possibilities, either they have stopped giving auto-clis, or my account doesnt qualify.

After I had had my Cash Plus for about 6 months I asked about the CLI process (note I didn't ask for a CLI!).  I was told that they no longer grant auto-CLIs and that the customer has to request them.  OK, fine.   But the reason I asked was days earlier (and after) people were posting here about auto-CLIs on their cash plus and other US BAnk cards.   So, as with many banks, can't always believe what you are told.

Now, after 15 months no auto-CLI, although my usage has been pretty low.  $2000 per quarter to be precise!

Well my usage way less than yours. Maybe about $200 per quarter .. The reason simply being $800 CL is not enough at all. I run $3k-4k per month on other cards but not this.
I cant close this card as my AAoA would drop significantly but I am pretty mad about the treatment they are dishing out.

US Bank Cash+ $18.9K || Discover IT $29.3K || Barclays Arrival $6K || AMEX BCE $50K || Chase Freedom $7K || First Tech CU $12K ||First Tech CU $25K || CSP $25K || BofA Cash Rewards $12K || Citi TYP $12K || IHG Rewards $15K
Starting Score: All CRAs : Started from scratch
Current Score: TU 821 , EQ 816 (Credit Karma) EX FICO 798
Goal Score: All CRAs : 800+

Message 22 of 27
YahComb
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@askme3012 wrote:

How long ago was this that they said that to you? I got my first ever auto-cli(from any bank) from them around the 9th statement (september 2013) My card started at 6.5K and i'm not sure i ever used much more than 5%, definitely not ever over 10% in any single statement, which is why i was surprised they gave me a cli. 

BTW, they do still do soft pulls for requests(at least for small requests)-i did mine online. still have to wait 6 months-i tried before 6 months earlier this year and it was denied due to being too soon. Tried again in march at about 185 days and it was granted. I asked for 1.5K(the supposed limit for soft pulls) to get to an even 10K and got it. 

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 23 of 27
YahComb
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
This is sad! Done a lot of reading on US Bank and have not been able to find consistency in client treatment or results. It seems very hit and miss. They did tell me I would need to score a certain number of bank relationship points for some of their products such as the Premier Line of Credit. Asked for a CLI at six months and they told me I used to higher a ratio (utilization) on the CL so I asked about a CLI and said the account had not established enough of a track record. It should be noted I had two other visa siggys with them, CDs, savings and checking so go figure?

I have no idea what their criteria is. I remember when i applied for the Cash+, the consensus was they were a pretty conservative lender.

I wanted to wait until spring of 2013 to apply, but they had already hidden the online application, and word was out they were going to remove some categories around the springtime, so i said screw it and apped(just days before the online was completely removed) with a 697 equifax fico. At that time i had 16 months of credit history, it was my 10th EQ inquiry in 2012, and if approved would be my 7th account opened in 2012. 

and i got approved. blew my mind. thought for sure i would get a plain old cash rewards.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 24 of 27
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@YahComb wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@askme3012 wrote:

How long ago was this that they said that to you? I got my first ever auto-cli(from any bank) from them around the 9th statement (september 2013) My card started at 6.5K and i'm not sure i ever used much more than 5%, definitely not ever over 10% in any single statement, which is why i was surprised they gave me a cli. 

BTW, they do still do soft pulls for requests(at least for small requests)-i did mine online. still have to wait 6 months-i tried before 6 months earlier this year and it was denied due to being too soon. Tried again in march at about 185 days and it was granted. I asked for 1.5K(the supposed limit for soft pulls) to get to an even 10K and got it. 

This was 6 or 7 months ago.  As I said, I knew it wasn't true.

I've been tempted to ask for the $1,500 CLI, but held back just in case it turned out to be hard, and $1,500 would pretty bad for a hard pull!

Message 25 of 27
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

US bank does still give auto CLI. I got one on my Select Rewards about two months ago. It wasnt until my 9th statement cut that i saw a 1500 increase. I am at 4500 right now, I just called to see if i could upgrade to the travel rewards, CSR put me hold (which i was hoping maybe there was an offer) came back and told me not at this time. He recommended me to go apply for the Travel Rewards card at a branch (which i thought was kind of odd for him to say when you can apply online). Well i guess i will try again when the card hits the one year mark.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 26 of 27
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@askme3012 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Well my usage way less than yours. Maybe about $200 per quarter .. The reason simply being $800 CL is not enough at all. I run $3k-4k per month on other cards but not this.
I cant close this card as my AAoA would drop significantly but I am pretty mad about the treatment they are dishing out.

Yes, the reason I said $2000 per quarter is the max about of spend that gets you 5% back, and all my spend is 5%.  So not a particulary attractive customer to them

Re AAoA: closed cards continue to report for 10 years, so it won't impact your AAoA until then.

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.