cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Updated) What do you think of this card's terms? Also j/c, does anyone here have one?

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

(Updated) What do you think of this card's terms? Also j/c, does anyone here have one?

What do you think of this card's terms (as low as 8.99% F APR)?  Also j/c, does anyone here have one?  From what I understand, there are also no geographical limitations placed, on joining this CU?

https://www.western.org/fixed-rate-visa-credit-card

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What do you think of this card's terms? Also j/c, does anyone here have one?

In my limited experience, it looks pretty good to me. My friend works for this credit union. They are actually pretty great overall.

Message 2 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: What do you think of this card's terms? Also j/c, does anyone here have one?

@galahad15 wrote:

What do you think of this card's terms (as low as 8.99% F APR)?  Also j/c, does anyone here have one?  From what I understand, there are also no geographical limitations placed, on joining this CU?

https://www.western.org/fixed-rate-visa-credit-card

It really depends on what rate you actually get (as compared to "as low as")   And the 4% lower intro period for 6 months isn't great compared to 0% periods for longer on other cards.   But if you get a fixed 8.99 and want a reliable rate for emergencies, yes, not bad....

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is one of my local CUs and I have been eyeing this card.
Message 4 of 14
petejk

Doesn't seem bad for a fixed APR card

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a similar card through my CU, 7.9% fixed. I actually opened it when I moved my loans and checking there as an overdraft for my checking. They have a regular overdraft LOC but the APR is much higher. It works well if I time payments wrong and over draft my checking for a day or so, and if I did not have 0% offers it would be a decent rate to carry balances for a short while in an emergency. But with no rewards it doesn't ever come out of the SD.

Message 6 of 14
galahad15
Valued Contributor

(Updated) Re: What do you think of this card's terms? Also j/c, does anyone here have one?

Updated info:  since my credit scores have recently improved just this month to the 720s and 730s for 2 of the CRAs, which is the highest they have been in quite a while, I thought it might be a very opportune time to temporarily venture out of the garden, to apply for the specific card referenced in this thread.  Although I didn't receive the lowest-available 8.99% F APR, I am happy to report being approved at 12.5% F, with a SL of $2k  Smiley Happy  It is admittedly rather nice to finally have another fixed-rate card!   Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: (Updated) Re: What do you think of this card's terms? Also j/c, does anyone here have one?

@galahad15 wrote:

Updated info:  since my credit scores have recently improved just this month to the 720s and 730s for 2 of the CRAs, which is the highest they have been in quite a while, I thought it might be a very opportune time to temporarily venture out of the garden, to apply for the specific card referenced in this thread.  Although I didn't receive the lowest-available 8.99% F APR, I am happy to report being approved at 12.5% F, with a SL of $2k  Smiley Happy  It is admittedly rather nice to finally have another fixed-rate card!   Smiley Very Happy

What about the Ring? I think that's at 8.24%, although you might not get as nice a SL.

Message 8 of 14
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: (Updated) What do you think of this card's terms? Also j/c, does anyone here have one?

Grats on the approval.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 9 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: (Updated) Re: What do you think of this card's terms? Also j/c, does anyone here have one?

@Anonymous wrote:

@galahad15 wrote:

What about the Ring? I think that's at 8.24%, although you might not get as nice a SL.

Ring isn't fixed.  Although the CU can change the terms of that card in the future as well

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.