Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade: AMEX Green to PRG with Welcome Bonus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Upgrade: AMEX Green to PRG with Welcome Bonus

They basically are doing a refund of my green card annual fee and then charging me the PRG annual fee at the end of this month (weird that it wasn't charged at the time of upgrade). You might be able to negotiate for the first year AF waived but I didn't considering I didn't want to push the envelope since I was already getting 10K MR points under the welcome bonus offer for a new card Smiley Tongue

Good luck to you!

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, cool, that helps me out.
Message 12 of 17
topgunvf
Regular Contributor

Very solid congrats on the upgrade! Make sure you take advantage of ALL the new perks, especially the $100 “airline incidental” credit 😉
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I see what you did there... Smiley Wink

Trust me, I will Smiley LOL

@topgunvfwrote:
Very solid congrats on the upgrade! Make sure you take advantage of ALL the new perks, especially the $100 “airline incidental” credit 😉

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: After meeting the spend requirement and receiving the 40K sign up bonus yesterday, I received a congratulatory email from AMEX saying they want me to upgrade my PRG to the Platinum with a 25K MR points sign up bonus for $2,000 spend in three months. HARD pass. 

However, I do find it interesting that they are so quick to throw sign up bonuses at me all of a sudden, when in the past, I would always receive upgrade offers but with no welcome/sign up bonus. Smiley LOL

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! It pays to wait.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed! I feel like that seems to be the consistent theme of this thread Smiley Tongue

@Anonymouswrote:

Congrats! It pays to wait.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.