Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Amex BCE to BCP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Upgrade Amex BCE to BCP

If i upgrade my amex BCE to BCP, will my limit for supermarkets ($6K) reset? Wondering if my 3% is maxed out will I still be able to get the 6%.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Upgrade Amex BCE to BCP

No, your limit for supermarkets will not reset..  If you really want it, just apply for it.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long do you have to have the card before you can upgrade?
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
How long do you have to have the card before you can upgrade?

13 months.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!!
Message 5 of 10
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

You might have two alternatives:

(1) Check with the CSR if you could convert it to BCP and whether the 6k will reset. If they say yes, good for you. I hadn't used any of my BCE earlier this year when I decided to convert. I'm paying less than half the AF this year (will get billed in Dec again) and making most of the cash back

(2) If they are going to count that 6k anyway, see if you could convert it to Old Blue Cash and earn 5% on all grocery / gas / drugstore purchase over 6.5k

Message 6 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

(1) Check with the CSR if you could convert it to BCP and whether the 6k will reset. If they say yes, good for you. I hadn't used any of my BCE earlier this year when I decided to convert. I'm paying less than half the AF this year (will get billed in Dec again) and making most of the cash back

(2) If they are going to count that 6k anyway, see if you could convert it to Old Blue Cash and earn 5% on all grocery / gas / drugstore purchase over 6.5k

With the OBC, at least one person WAS able to get the prior spend on the BCP (or BCE, forgot which) to count towards the 6.5K threshold on the OBC.   That's really good, the same spend counting as a cap in both directions!   But  many of us weren't able to convert at all.

Message 7 of 10
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

With the OBC, at least one person WAS able to get the prior spend on the BCP (or BCE, forgot which) to count towards the 6.5K threshold on the OBC.   That's really good, the same spend counting as a cap in both directions!   But  many of us weren't able to convert at all.

Well, on this forum, one success story means that that's gonna be the norm from now on. Jokes apart, I guess there's no harm trying if OP could muster a few thousand in groceries this year. 

So OP, call 'em and get the OBC !

Message 8 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Ghoshida wrote:

Well, on this forum, one success story means that that's gonna be the norm from now on. 

Good point!  And if it doesn't happen, you close the card and post a long "Amex Sux" thread.....

Message 9 of 10
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

Well, on this forum, one success story means that that's gonna be the norm from now on. 

Good point!  And if it doesn't happen, you close the card and post a long "Amex Sux" thread.....

Oh Amex Sux Plenti. No need for any reason Smiley Tongue

On topic, OP, did you get any result?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.