cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Cap 1 mastercard to WEMC OR WMC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Upgrade Cap 1 mastercard to WEMC OR WMC?

@Anonymous wrote:
So if I message the EO I should ask for the WMC than correct? If so, I will email them today.

Email the EO.

That's the only way.

Facebook CSRs are just normal CSRs now, same as when you call in.

I changed from Visa Plat to Visa Signature in one day by emailing EO. ($6k limit) 

Message 11 of 38
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I just called a CSR and they said I had no such orders available even though my CL on my MC is now $6300. I thought this was just a little weird because I didn't think the WEMC/WMC/Visa Sig were upgrade options. So I messaged cap 1 on Facebook and they told me they are no longer upgrading to the "World Elite" card. Should I email the EO in this situation? Just asking because I don't want to waste their time on something unnecessary.

AFAIK, WEMC isn't currently offered for the non-cobranded products.   If you wanted to get WMC but didn't want to go through the EO, you could also PC the card and it should automatically upgrade.   Even the EO wasn't able to directly upgrade my QS MC to WMC, so I just PCed mine to VentureOne (and will eventually PC back).   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 12 of 38
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Too much work.
Signature needs updating
Message 13 of 38
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I just called a CSR and they said I had no such orders available even though my CL on my MC is now $6300. I thought this was just a little weird because I didn't think the WEMC/WMC/Visa Sig were upgrade options. So I messaged cap 1 on Facebook and they told me they are no longer upgrading to the "World Elite" card. Should I email the EO in this situation? Just asking because I don't want to waste their time on something unnecessary.

AFAIK, WEMC isn't currently offered for the non-cobranded products.   If you wanted to get WMC but didn't want to go through the EO, you could also PC the card and it should automatically upgrade.   Even the EO wasn't able to directly upgrade my QS MC to WMC, so I just PCed mine to VentureOne (and will eventually PC back).   

Correct.  WEMC was available for both QS and Venture but by invite only (not sure if that's still actively offered).  In rare instancs, some individuals reported a long while back being able to request WEMC via EO but they've since clamped down on those "manual" upgrades.

Message 14 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always wonder in all these posts about a card being a WMC, WEMC, or Signature if anyone actually knows/uses the benefits that comes with that 'status'.

Message 15 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

the new quicksilvers with the raised numbers are so ugly.... and i have even seen different variations of the oler pre-emv raised numbers, where the color was lighter grey... but somebody around here had a WEMC QS and it was VERY beautiful......no ugly raised numbers, and no colors at all on the front.  I used a nail file and buffed off all the ugly white paint so my card isnt tarted up like a victorian whore lol.

I emailed the EO as well, although I felt very guilty about it. I asked for a VS upgrade. I think they hate me, they didnt even reply. Last year around july they replied the same week and were very friendly.

Message 16 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@irish80 Tbh I dont know the differences between the two cards. The CSR told me they are practically the same and I shouldn't fret over not being able to upgrade to it. But a CSR's word is only so reliable. I just want the WMC just to say I have one. I've only ever contacted the EO once before and that was for a CLI almost two years ago (yes I know I shouldn't have wasted there time). If I may ask, what are the differences between the WEMC, WMC and MC?
Message 17 of 38
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

When I contacted EO for WMC upgrade, I stated how I wanted to take advantage and enjoy all

th benifits the WMC has to offer.i kept it short and sweet.mif you didn't say that In your email that's fine,

but but you will have the opportunity to tell them that over the phone. Took 2 days for my upgrade .

Let us know how everything goes

Message 18 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I emailed the EO last night. So hopefully I'm able to get this resolved fairly quickly. I just hope they don't call me while I'm at work.
Message 19 of 38
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

If you get the card upgrade, you'll want to be aware that there are 3 places that should reflect the upgrade.  I say this because I had my Quicksilver account upgraded from Platinum to Signature last year and later found out that it still reports as a Credit Card instead of a Flexible Spending Credit Card on my TU report.  Does this bother me at all? Not one bit, but I figured I would mention it in case it's important to someone who wants to go through this upgrade.  Initially there was also an issue with my online account where it was still showing Platinum, even though my new card had the updated logo.  For all I know, this card isn't really a 'true' Signature card.  Do I care at this point?  Not at all. Lol.  I do like the pretty logos of the Visa Signature and World Elite MasterCards though. Smiley Embarassed 

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.