Did you mean: 

Upgrade Capital One Quicksilver One to Quicksilver

tag
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Upgrade Capital One Quicksilver One to Quicksilver

@Anonymous wrote:

Regarding QS1 to QS:

@Last July I got QS1 @ 1,000... Six months later 3,000 and another six months later 7,000 and pc to QS.   Cap1 also gave me  15,000 Venture exactly a year later.

I dont know what their internal scoring system is like.... but my spending was not high and I have not paid a penny interest yet.      I tried to PC to QS once when they increased CL last Jan thru chat.  No offer, I was told.

Then when Cap1 increased QS1 to 7,000, they offered me either QS or Venture1.

jeffreymrimd, were you using the QS1 every month? I wonder if keeping it in circulation helps to coax a PC offer.

Message 21 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Heaven - I used QS1 every month.....My usuage was around 1k to 1.5k each month and mostly 0 balance until July.

I learned every game plan here in Fico forum.  There are amazing amounts of info and IMO major banks are too big to change their underwiting in a few months; meaning even a year old threads are all relevant.

I agree with many here Cap1 is somewhat weird.  My daughter had 500 Cap1  during college years.  Tried CLI, they offered only 750.   The same day, she applied for Amex and got 10,000.    One reason, just guessing, was she always had a couple of hundred balance so her utilization was like 30-40% every month.    Still incomprehensible when Amex was willing to extend her so much.

BUT my experience with Cap1 has been total opposite.

Message 22 of 37
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Heaven - I used QS1 every month.....My usuage was around 1k to 1.5k each month and mostly 0 balance until July.

It looks like you used the card for 12 consecutive months (give or take a month) but didn't necessarily allow a statement balance to post. That's exactly what I did before Capital One generated offers on my QS1s. As far as my spending, some months had moderate usage while other months were very light.

We need to ask about consecutive months' usage when people post about successful QS1 product changes. I think that may be the key, but there isn't enough evidence to prove it. If we could gather data showing that what you need to do is use the card every month for a year, that would save a bunch of frustration for those who've been unable to PC.

Message 23 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

ugh. they really are odd in their decisions lately.. my bf is new to credit, only 6 months in(before no credit) he got the plat mc at the $300 level with credit steps.. well we are 3 months in and he got a prequal notice for QS1.. went on chat.. bam.. upgrade to QS .... but it took me 3 1/2 years to get QS so go figure...

sorry OP that they wouldn't upgrade you :-(

Message 24 of 37
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Platinum cards have been fairly easy to upgrade. The QS1s have been a bear.

Message 25 of 37
MoreCowbell
Established Member

I did this just last week, when I saw the thread about the "upgrade" button. 

I had a QS1 with a $3,500 limit (started out at $3k, got a $500 CLI after 6 months). It's just a few weeks until the one-year anniversary comes up, when the annual fee will be due. I hit the upgrade button and had the choice to upgrade to the QS or the VentureOne with the same limit, the same (high!) APR, and no sign-up bonuses. I jumped at it and the card came yesterday, not even a week later. So they definitely don't mind screwing themselves out of the AF right before it's about to hit.

I don't know if this is useful, but I was PIF every month on this card from last October-April when I put an almost $3k tax bill on it, and that's about half paid down (I pay at least $500 a month on the card, but I also run everything through it). 

Message 26 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got approved for Quicksilver One, $3,000 CL. Did not expect an approval, this is great! 

Message 27 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I PC'd from SQ1 to QS in November. I had a 4000 dollar limit on the QS1. All that was on it was one fairly large purchase of around 2200 bucks then I paid it off making two payments a month with both payments being more than the minimum. Right after I got it paid off I noticed the annual fee and that I could probably get a better card. I called and they PC'd me over the phone. I went online and asked for a CLI and they made it 4250 bucks, lol. My QS is now in the drawer but I dont have to worry about annual fees as my credit age grows on my NAF card now. Very happy about this one Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last year around June of 2017 I applied for a secured Capital One Platnium Card & was approved with a $200 deposit. I was grateful they gave me a chance; but due to my grandson being born 3 months early I had to use it regularly & wasn’t paying on time at 1st. Then when things simmered down I start paying regularly & PIF/on-time. I recently applied for a CLI & was denied due to my cap/one card is not a card that is eligible for a CLI. But I think that’s a lie!!! Because offer reviews I read with ppl that have the same exact card received a CLI......

Then on 3/7/2018 I checked credit karma and they said I had good odds for the QS1 card. So, I said what the heck and applied from the credit karma screen on my phone. I was instantly approved for a unsecured QS1 card for $500.

My question is will QS1 automatically graduate to a QS Card with a increased CLI? Or do I have to request a CLI?
Message 29 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does PC mean? And how did you upgrade your card? Did they just graduate you to a QS Card themselves? After paying on time?
Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.