Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Chase Slate to freedom

tag
pat0812
Regular Contributor

Re: Upgrade Chase Slate to freedom

I didn't apply for the slate by mistake.

I wanted to do some BR and everybody was saying slate is good for that, but then I realized the Freedom card has the same BT options but that card has more rewards, so basically the Freedom is better.

In the meantime I applied today also for CITI SIMPLICITY and they were very generous and gave me $10,800 and this card has also 0% APR for 18 months on BT, but it's 3% fee to transfer the balance.

So do you think I should apply for the Freedom as well ? Does Chase approve 2 new cards on same day ? If I got $5,750 on the slate, will I most likely get similar CL on a Freedom card if approved ?

The reason I applied for several cards is because I rather do them all now, and then Garden for a year.

FICO 8's EX 770 EQ 751 TU 771 (1/16/17)
Amex Gold Premier rewards ( Charge Card)
Amex Blue cash - $47,800 Wells Fargo - $15,000 Citibank Simplicity - $13,800 Barclays Apple - $13,000 Walmart Mastercard - $8000 Chase Slate - $7,200 Discover It - $5,500 Capital One - $5,250
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pat0812 wrote:

I didn't apply for the slate by mistake.

I wanted to do some BR and everybody was saying slate is good for that, but then I realized the Freedom card has the same BT options but that card has more rewards, so basically the Freedom is better.

In the meantime I applied today also for CITI SIMPLICITY and they were very generous and gave me $10,800 and this card has also 0% APR for 18 months on BT, but it's 3% fee to transfer the balance.

So do you think I should apply for the Freedom as well ? Does Chase approve 2 new cards on same day ? If I got $5,750 on the slate, will I most likely get similar CL on a Freedom card if approved ?

The reason I applied for several cards is because I rather do them all now, and then Garden for a year.

Definitely go for it if you still want it.

I do not recommend a PC at all.

Message 12 of 14
pat0812
Regular Contributor

Have most people being approved for 2 chase cards in one day ?

What about the CL ? will I get something similar on the second card? Or will they give me less because they already gave me $5,750 ?

FICO 8's EX 770 EQ 751 TU 771 (1/16/17)
Amex Gold Premier rewards ( Charge Card)
Amex Blue cash - $47,800 Wells Fargo - $15,000 Citibank Simplicity - $13,800 Barclays Apple - $13,000 Walmart Mastercard - $8000 Chase Slate - $7,200 Discover It - $5,500 Capital One - $5,250
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most of my Chase cards have come in pairs.

Slate and Freedom have similar underwriting so yes I think you'll get a similar limit unless you happen to hit your internal limit with them.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.