cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from AMEX Delta Gold to Platinum?

tag
User131

Re: Upgrade from AMEX Delta Gold to Platinum?

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I'm intrigued that the OP has just about the only mention I've seen of a "preapproved upgrade."  

If OP or anyone else has received this, I'd love to hear more details.  I'm hoping it was a bona fide preapproval, i.e. no credit check, underwriting, et cetera?  And I wonder what the opening bonus was (if any)?

TIA

Message 11 of 13
adavis425
Established Contributor

If you have an AmEx card you can upgrade to different cards just for the asking. On the website, there's a list of cards that you are eligible for. This upgrade does not cost a hp. All you have to do is click on the button, fill in your card number and wait for your approval. It is a sure thing, not an application. HTH. Smiley Happy

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 12 of 13
Commutator
Valued Member

I've been hearing things about AmEx having almost identical underwriting for all their cards. Does this mean that if I were approved for an AmEx card, I could have been approved for (almost) any one of them? More specifically, if I want the SPG or Delta card and my spend can justify the AF, I should just apply for it instead of first applying for the BCE? How much does income matter?

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.