cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from Nordstrom store card to VISA?

tag
saving_grace16
New Contributor

Upgrade from Nordstrom store card to VISA?

Does anyone have any experience in trying to upgrade their Nordstrom store card to a Nordstrom VISA? Any tips?  Thanks! Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Upgrade from Nordstrom store card to VISA?

@saving_grace16 wrote:

Does anyone have any experience in trying to upgrade their Nordstrom store card to a Nordstrom VISA? Any tips?  Thanks! Smiley Happy 

I was upgraded after having the store card for 6 mos.  For me, I used it heavily and made large pyts. 

Message 2 of 18
jellowslr

I upgraded after about a year.i called and requested a visa signature so they raised my credit limit from 2k to 5k and gave it to me. They did ask how much credit I wanted.....I said 5k....wish I said more!

Message 3 of 18
dilettante
Established Contributor

I upgraded over the phone.  I hardly used it, only twice since opening and didn't put much spend on it but they gave me an auto cli of 2.5k after 6 months. On a phone call with a CSR about something else, decided to upgrade when she said my account was eligible since it had been 6 months since opening of the card.  Very quick and painless.

Message 4 of 18
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

Thanks to this thread.  OMG

Just called in at 5am PST --- first CSR said they needed to increase line to a minium of 5k.  And he said, we can increase it to 10k --- how much you would you want? Well, I'd like 10! duh lol.   Then, he said I can change it now to a Visa... OMG. 

I verified if my credit report was pulled --- he said not at all.  I played dumb saying oh really?  lol.

Thanks for the info here. OMG!

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 5 of 18
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@cutemarty1 wrote:

Thanks to this thread.  OMG

Just called in at 5am PST --- first CSR said they needed to increase line to a minium of 5k.  And he said, we can increase it to 10k --- how much you would you want? Well, I'd like 10! duh lol.   Then, he said I can change it now to a Visa... OMG. 

I verified if my credit report was pulled --- he said not at all.  I played dumb saying oh really?  lol.

Thanks for the info here. OMG!

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 18
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

@jellowslr wrote:

I upgraded after about a year.i called and requested a visa signature so they raised my credit limit from 2k to 5k and gave it to me. They did ask how much credit I wanted.....I said 5k....wish I said more!

I'm glad mine told me 10k was allowed --- I was like sure why not!  If I didn't have this info, I only would have chosen 5 due to my inquiries Smiley Sad

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 7 of 18
eagle2013
Established Contributor

Upgraded at 4 months, CLI from $2k to $5k. 

Message 8 of 18
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats!! I would love to have my store card back but they got burned in my bk last yr. might be several yrs before that happens!
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the late question on this thread, but I have a quick question about this!

Cutemarty1, how long did you wait after getting the Nordstrom store card before you called for the CLI / (and ultimately the Visa Sig upgrade)? I got mine in August, and was gathering that it is best to wait around 7 months...Just curious if you waited that long or did it beforehand. Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.