Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from Sears Card to Sears MasterCard

tag
anderl
Frequent Contributor

Upgrade from Sears Card to Sears MasterCard

So Sears is upgrading my Sears Card to a Sears MasterCard-will keep all of my history-i guess the only xtra benefit will be that I can use it wherever MasterCard is accepted. Any thoughts on upgrades from store cards to MC/VISA?

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Upgrade from Sears Card to Sears MasterCard

Did you request the upgrade?  I am wanting to upgrade my store card to the Mastercard. 

Message 2 of 11
anderl
Frequent Contributor

Nope-didn't request it-just got a notification that my Sears Card will be upgraded to a Sears MC and if I didn't want the upgrade, to call a CSR.

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 3 of 11
DI
Super Contributor

DId you receive a letter in the mail?  I need to check my P.O. box to see if I received anything from them.

Message 4 of 11
DI
Super Contributor

How long have you had the card?  I opened mines 9/09

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@anderl wrote:

Nope-didn't request it-just got a notification that my Sears Card will be upgraded to a Sears MC and if I didn't want the upgrade, to call a CSR.

How come good things like this never happen to me ='(

Message 6 of 11
laz98
Senior Contributor

are CLIs with the MC about the same as with the store card?   we just got a store card......if they are going to change it to a mastercard in the future, i don't want to have to worry that the CL suddenly won't grow anymore.

Message 7 of 11
DI
Super Contributor

@laz98 wrote:

are CLIs with the MC about the same as with the store card?   we just got a store card......if they are going to change it to a mastercard in the future, i don't want to have to worry that the CL suddenly won't grow anymore.

I've been at $3600 CL since opening the acct in 9/09.  But, since its a store card, I don't bother to ask for a CLI.  I hope when I check my mail box at the end of month,  I find a letter stating they're going to upgrade my acct. 

Message 8 of 11
laz98
Senior Contributor

DI, do you use your card a lot?

Message 9 of 11
DI
Super Contributor

@laz98 wrote:

DI, do you use your card a lot?

In the past I haven't been.  But, ever since  living in Miami where they still have Kmart stores , I use it to get oil change at Sears or to make purchases at Kmart.  My usage is limited. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.