cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from a store to a visa branded card.

tag
thelastoneonearth
Contributor

Upgrade from a store to a visa branded card.

I was just upgraded to an American Eagle Visa Card with a CL of $4000. I read somewhere that when activated, the CL can actually be higher than originally approved for. Any truth to this?

Capital One Secured Platinum $750.00, Amazon Store Card $500.00, AEO Visa $4000.00, PlayStation Credit Card $500.00, My BestBuy Platinum MasterCard $1000.00 Amazon Chase $500.00 Discover IT $1500. Chase Disney Premier Visa $5000. Barclays Carnival Cruise MasterCard $500 Bank of America Norwegian Visa Signature $1500 "Apple Card" $1700 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5,000

My future card list:
Amex BCE
Citi Hilton Honors
AAOA 1.2years
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Upgrade from a store to a visa branded card.

@thelastoneonearth wrote:

I was just upgraded to an American Eagle Visa Card with a CL of $4000. I read somewhere that when activated, the CL can actually be higher than originally approved for. Any truth to this?

in this case no I don't think.

BUT you could call credit solutions and ask them to increase it to $10k and see what they come back at, it's a sp!

Message 2 of 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Upgrade from a store to a visa branded card.

@thelastoneonearth wrote:

Not necessarily.  Although some folks can't wait to push the CLI button to see how fast that puppy can get, don't be disappointed though.  Everyone's profile supports different decisions and YEMV.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.