Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Citi Prestige, possible?

tag
JenWol938
New Visitor

Upgrade to Citi Prestige, possible?

Is it possible to upgrade/product change (no hard inquiry) a card to a Citi Prestige? I've had the Citi Thank You (regular) for years now. Just wondering if it's even possible...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Upgrade to Citi Prestige, possible?

It will depend on your credit profile and internal scoring with citi. It is possible to upgrade, just depends on whether you qualify. The main reason being the NPSL and maybe other features.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@enharu wrote:
It will depend on your credit profile and internal scoring with citi. It is possible to upgrade, just depends on whether you qualify. The main reason being the NPSL and maybe other features.

Also, rumours here of big bad changes to the Prestige, although these are discounted on other forums.   I would wait until the beginning of 2014 to see, unless you have a compelling need to get one now for the benefits.

Message 3 of 5
JenWol938
New Visitor

@enharu wrote:

Good to know it's possible! thanks.

Message 4 of 5
JenWol938
New Visitor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Also, rumours here of big bad changes to the Prestige, although these are discounted on other forums.   I would wait until the beginning of 2014 to see, unless you have a compelling need to get one now for the benefits.

Thanks, yes i'll wait, as 2014 will be my travel year anyway, I really wanted the 4th night free Prestige perk. Assumming that perk stays in 2014 then i'll call and PC.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.