New Visitor
JenWol938

Upgrade to Citi Prestige, possible?

Is it possible to upgrade/product change (no hard inquiry) a card to a Citi Prestige? I've had the Citi Thank You (regular) for years now. Just wondering if it's even possible...

Super Contributor
enharu

Re: Upgrade to Citi Prestige, possible?

It will depend on your credit profile and internal scoring with citi. It is possible to upgrade, just depends on whether you qualify. The main reason being the NPSL and maybe other features.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Discover IT (15k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k).
Senior Contributor
longtimelurker

enharu wrote:
It will depend on your credit profile and internal scoring with citi. It is possible to upgrade, just depends on whether you qualify. The main reason being the NPSL and maybe other features.

Also, rumours here of big bad changes to the Prestige, although these are discounted on other forums.   I would wait until the beginning of 2014 to see, unless you have a compelling need to get one now for the benefits.

From highest to lowest: Amex BC (42K), Cap One , CSP, Fidelity Amex, Cap One, Penfed Plat Rewards x2, , Citi TY Pref, Citi TY Premier, Citi Plat Select AA, US Bank Cash Plus, Chase Amazon, Chase Freedom, Amalgamated Bank MC, Citi Forward, BCE, Sallie Mae (5K)

New Visitor
JenWol938

enharu wrote:

Good to know it's possible! thanks.

New Visitor
JenWol938

longtimelurker wrote:

enharu wrote:

Also, rumours here of big bad changes to the Prestige, although these are discounted on other forums.   I would wait until the beginning of 2014 to see, unless you have a compelling need to get one now for the benefits.

Thanks, yes i'll wait, as 2014 will be my travel year anyway, I really wanted the 4th night free Prestige perk. Assumming that perk stays in 2014 then i'll call and PC.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+