Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Surpass

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Upgrade to Surpass

Upgrade to the Hilton HHonorsTM Surpass® Card and receive extraordinary service every step of your trip.

• Earn 50,000 HHonorsTM Bonus Points, within the first 90 days upon upgrading and upon charging a total of $3,000 or more of eligible purchases.(1)
  • Earn 12 Hilton HHonorsTM Bonus Points for every dollar of eligible purchases at any participating hotel within the Hilton HHonors portfolio of brands (2)
  • Complimentary Gold status for your first year; after that, maintain your status each year when your total eligible spend reaches $20,000(3)
  • $75/year annual fee

If I accept this offer, will I be billed the annual fee now or after a year?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: Upgrade to Surpass

If an AF isn't waived first year, you get billed immediately.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 34
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Bummer

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 34
distantarray
Established Contributor

you can probably recon the annual fee but regardless it's worth the ugprade in points alone.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 4 of 34
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

50k Hilton points for $75 is a good deal anyways. You can always downgrade again after the first year to the no AF version.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 5 of 34
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

you can probably recon the annual fee but regardless it's worth the ugprade in points alone.

+1

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 6 of 34
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I went to upgrade and it gave me an error telling me I needed to wait 24 hours.

I also think the 50k points are worth the AF, but I will try reconing the AF.

Who should I contact and what should I say? I am generally good at reconing, but I am not sure how I would explain why the AF should be waived. I chose to upgrade and got a lot of points for it, now I want me AF back...haha

Maybe some great story about being a great customer, and how I will more than make up the annual fee to them.

Message 7 of 34
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

Who should I contact and what should I say? I am generally good at reconing, but I am not sure how I would explain why the AF should be waived. I chose to upgrade and got a lot of points for it, now I want me AF back...haha

Maybe some great story about being a great customer, and how I will more than make up the annual fee to them.

you really are the cheapest lawyer I know Smiley Tongue

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 8 of 34
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

you really are the cheapest lawyer I know Smiley Tongue

You're already getting 50k points for $75, and you think you should have the AF waived too? If you get a card that has an AF on it, that's part of the terms that you accept. I see so many people who try and argue their way out of it. It's already a really good deal.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 9 of 34
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

My advice is if AF cannot be waived, then keep Surpass for a year and downgrade before second AF.

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.