Upgrade to Surpass

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Upgrade to Surpass

@CreditScholar wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

I went to upgrade and it gave me an error telling me I needed to wait 24 hours.

I also think the 50k points are worth the AF, but I will try reconing the AF.

Who should I contact and what should I say? I am generally good at reconing, but I am not sure how I would explain why the AF should be waived. I chose to upgrade and got a lot of points for it, now I want me AF back...haha

Maybe some great story about being a great customer, and how I will more than make up the annual fee to them.

you really are the cheapest lawyer I know Smiley Tongue

You're already getting 50k points for $75, and you think you should have the AF waived too? If you get a card that has an AF on it, that's part of the terms that you accept. I see so many people who try and argue their way out of it. It's already a really good deal.

Somebody else was telling me I could recon the AF, wasn't my idea Smiley Happy

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 11 of 34
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Now that I think of it, I have only had my account for a month. They cannot legally upgrade my account to a card with an AF.

Ugh, what a waste of time. They need to target their offers better. I was signed in and got the offer. I would expect better from AMEX.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 12 of 34
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

The card gives 40,000 for first purchase and 20,000 additional points after spending $3000 in 90 days.  I'd rather just apply for the normal offer than take the upgrade anyway.  It's 10K more points.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 34
distantarray
Established Contributor

instead of reconning, you could play dumb on I signed up for the wrong one =x

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 14 of 34
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

Or a "I thought the AF was charged at the end of the year."
 Can you please waive it this time?

Message 15 of 34
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

Or a "I thought the AF was charged at the end of the year."
 Can you please waive it this time?

lol i doubt they'll believe the AF was charged at the end of the year with your credit profile

Message 16 of 34
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

The card gives 40,000 for first purchase and 20,000 additional points after spending $3000 in 90 days.  I'd rather just apply for the normal offer than take the upgrade anyway.  It's 10K more points.

Plus backdating if I apped 1/13...I don't need any more HPs, but I will think about it when the time comes.

The no AF card is offering 65k now.

Message 17 of 34
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@Walt_K wrote:

Plus backdating if I apped 1/13...I don't need any more HPs, but I will think about it when the time comes.

The no AF card is offering 65k now.

no worries if you app january 2013, or January 2014 it'll backdate the same anyways so not like you HAVE to do it this January.

Message 18 of 34
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I think I am going to get at least one more AMEX this coming January.

Message 19 of 34
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

I think I am going to get at least one more AMEX this coming January.

Let me know when your going to do it, if you don't live in Florida we can do it together over webcam while taking shots lol

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.