Valued Contributor
Dustink

Re: Upgrade to Surpass

distantarray wrote:

Dustink wrote:

I think I am going to get at least one more AMEX this coming January.

Let me know when your going to do it, if you don't live in Florida we can do it together over webcam while taking shots lol

I am not the one that draps...lol

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Contributor
nenuco

I think AMEX has a strong entry level Hilton no AF card, which gets you access to discounted point redemptions with the AXON discount. In terms of a Hilton with an AF, I would go with the Citi Hilton Reserve. With that card you basically get the same rewards, but you can net a free night when spending $10,000 a year. Furhtermore it has a EMV chip, which you can use if you travel abroad. 

Garden Mode... kind of... sort of (•‿•)
Valued Contributor
CreditScholar

nenuco wrote:

I think AMEX has a strong entry level Hilton no AF card, which gets you access to discounted point redemptions with the AXON discount. In terms of a Hilton with an AF, I would go with the Citi Hilton Reserve. With that card you basically get the same rewards, but you can net a free night when spending $10,000 a year. Furhtermore it has a EMV chip, which you can use if you travel abroad. 

+1. The best combination for most people would be the no AF Amex plus the Citi Reserve. The only exception I can see to this is if someone spends a lot of nights in US Hiltons. Then the 12 points on the surpass vs 10 on the reserve may start to add up.
FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Valued Contributor
Dustink

CreditScholar wrote:

nenuco wrote:

+1. The best combination for most people would be the no AF Amex plus the Citi Reserve. The only exception I can see to this is if someone spends a lot of nights in US Hiltons. Then the 12 points on the surpass vs 10 on the reserve may start to add up.

Thanks for the advise. I was mostly just looking at the upgrade for the 50k points. I may add another hhonors card, but I think the marriott card is a bit better. Check it out from the link in my signature.

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Contributor
nenuco

Why does Chase have all the good cards? Lol, if it were possible I would get 2 or 3 more Chase cards, their rewards/AF ratio is pretty amazing. Too bad people have to close/ shift around credit to open new cards.

Garden Mode... kind of... sort of (•‿•)
Valued Contributor
Dustink

nenuco wrote:

Why does Chase have all the good cards? Lol, if it were possible I would get 2 or 3 more Chase cards, their rewards/AF ratio is pretty amazing. Too bad people have to close/ shift around credit to open new cards.

They are by far the most profitable bank in the US, so they can afford to offer great rewards. Which attracts high quality borrowers and they then become even more profitable.

Established Contributor
distantarray

Dustink wrote:

nenuco wrote:

They are by far the most profitable bank in the US, so they can afford to offer great rewards. Which attracts high quality borrowers and they then become even more profitable.

Chase has the most cards out there, but I'm sure Amex is still the most profitable. Since their default rates are the lowest, and Amex still has the reputation for being the best card out there, and majority of the businesses I know use Amex over anything else.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Valued Contributor
Dustink

distantarray wrote:

Dustink wrote:

nenuco wrote:

Chase has the most cards out there, but I'm sure Amex is still the most profitable. Since their default rates are the lowest, and Amex still has the reputation for being the best card out there, and majority of the businesses I know use Amex over anything else.

Chase is on top now. AMEX is far behind.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/12/jpmorgan-chase-earnings-q3-2012_n_1960764.html

Established Contributor
distantarray

Dustink wrote:

distantarray wrote:

Dustink wrote:

Let me know when your going to do it, if you don't live in Florida we can do it together over webcam while taking shots lol

I don't either, doesn't mean we can't lol

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Valued Contributor
Dustink

distantarray wrote:

Dustink wrote:

distantarray wrote:

Dustink wrote:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/creditcard/message-id/466804/tab/html

I don't either, doesn't mean we can't lol

Are you apping for an AMEX then too? :smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+