Reply
Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 2,980
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Upgrade to Surpass

Upgrade to the Hilton HHonorsTM Surpass® Card and receive extraordinary service every step of your trip.

  • Earn 50,000 HHonorsTM Bonus Points, within the first 90 days upon upgrading and upon charging a total of $3,000 or more of eligible purchases.(1)
  • Earn 12 Hilton HHonorsTM Bonus Points for every dollar of eligible purchases at any participating hotel within the Hilton HHonors portfolio of brands (2)
  • Complimentary Gold status for your first year; after that, maintain your status each year when your total eligible spend reaches $20,000(3)
  • $75/year annual fee

 

 


If I accept this offer, will I be billed the annual fee now or after a year?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    


     $14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Senior Contributor
Walt_K
Posts: 3,065
Registered: ‎11-02-2009
0

Re: Upgrade to Surpass

If an AF isn't waived first year, you get billed immediately.


Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 2,980
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: Upgrade to Surpass

Bummer

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    


     $14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Upgrade to Surpass

you can probably recon the annual fee but regardless it's worth the ugprade in points alone.


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Valued Contributor
CreditScholar
Posts: 2,300
Registered: ‎01-22-2012
0

Re: Upgrade to Surpass

50k Hilton points for $75 is a good deal anyways. You can always downgrade again after the first year to the no AF version.
FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Valued Contributor
Repo-ed
Posts: 2,954
Registered: ‎02-09-2012
0

Re: Upgrade to Surpass


distantarray wrote:

you can probably recon the annual fee but regardless it's worth the ugprade in points alone.


+1

 

Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 2,980
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: Upgrade to Surpass

I went to upgrade and it gave me an error telling me I needed to wait 24 hours.

 

I also think the 50k points are worth the AF, but I will try reconing the AF.

 

Who should I contact and what should I say? I am generally good at reconing, but I am not sure how I would explain why the AF should be waived. I chose to upgrade and got a lot of points for it, now I want me AF back...haha

 

Maybe some great story about being a great customer, and how I will more than make up the annual fee to them.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    


     $14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Upgrade to Surpass


Dustink wrote:

I went to upgrade and it gave me an error telling me I needed to wait 24 hours.

 

I also think the 50k points are worth the AF, but I will try reconing the AF.

 

Who should I contact and what should I say? I am generally good at reconing, but I am not sure how I would explain why the AF should be waived. I chose to upgrade and got a lot of points for it, now I want me AF back...haha

 

Maybe some great story about being a great customer, and how I will more than make up the annual fee to them.


you really are the cheapest lawyer I know :smileytongue:


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Valued Contributor
CreditScholar
Posts: 2,300
Registered: ‎01-22-2012
0

Re: Upgrade to Surpass


distantarray wrote:

Dustink wrote:

I went to upgrade and it gave me an error telling me I needed to wait 24 hours.

 

I also think the 50k points are worth the AF, but I will try reconing the AF.

 

Who should I contact and what should I say? I am generally good at reconing, but I am not sure how I would explain why the AF should be waived. I chose to upgrade and got a lot of points for it, now I want me AF back...haha

 

Maybe some great story about being a great customer, and how I will more than make up the annual fee to them.


you really are the cheapest lawyer I know :smileytongue:


You're already getting 50k points for $75, and you think you should have the AF waived too? If you get a card that has an AF on it, that's part of the terms that you accept. I see so many people who try and argue their way out of it. It's already a really good deal.
FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Valued Contributor
trumpet-205
Posts: 2,494
Registered: ‎11-11-2010
0

Re: Upgrade to Surpass

My advice is if AF cannot be waived, then keep Surpass for a year and downgrade before second AF.

In My Wallet:
Citi Forward (12/2010) | Citi Dividend (05/2011) | Chase Freedom (11/2011) | GECRB/PayPal (05/2012)
Discover it (07/2012) | AMEX BCP (09/2012) | TD/Target REDCard (10/2012) | Chase Ink Classic (11/2012)
BofA BBR (04/2013) | FNBO/Overstock.com (02/2014) | Barclaycard Arrival (04/2014) | FIA/Fidelity AMEX (04/2014)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}