Reply
Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 2,981
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: Upgrade to Surpass


CreditScholar wrote:

distantarray wrote:

Dustink wrote:

I went to upgrade and it gave me an error telling me I needed to wait 24 hours.

 

I also think the 50k points are worth the AF, but I will try reconing the AF.

 

Who should I contact and what should I say? I am generally good at reconing, but I am not sure how I would explain why the AF should be waived. I chose to upgrade and got a lot of points for it, now I want me AF back...haha

 

Maybe some great story about being a great customer, and how I will more than make up the annual fee to them.


you really are the cheapest lawyer I know :smileytongue:


You're already getting 50k points for $75, and you think you should have the AF waived too? If you get a card that has an AF on it, that's part of the terms that you accept. I see so many people who try and argue their way out of it. It's already a really good deal.

Somebody else was telling me I could recon the AF, wasn't my idea :smileyhappy:

 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    


     $14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 2,981
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: Upgrade to Surpass

Now that I think of it, I have only had my account for a month. They cannot legally upgrade my account to a card with an AF.

 

Ugh, what a waste of time. They need to target their offers better. I was signed in and got the offer. I would expect better from AMEX.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    


     $14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Senior Contributor
Walt_K
Posts: 3,065
Registered: ‎11-02-2009
0

Re: Upgrade to Surpass

The card gives 40,000 for first purchase and 20,000 additional points after spending $3000 in 90 days.  I'd rather just apply for the normal offer than take the upgrade anyway.  It's 10K more points.


Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Upgrade to Surpass

instead of reconning, you could play dumb on I signed up for the wrong one =x


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 2,981
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: Upgrade to Surpass


distantarray wrote:

instead of reconning, you could play dumb on I signed up for the wrong one =x


Or a "I thought the AF was charged at the end of the year."
 Can you please waive it this time?

 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    


     $14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Upgrade to Surpass


Dustink wrote:

distantarray wrote:

instead of reconning, you could play dumb on I signed up for the wrong one =x


Or a "I thought the AF was charged at the end of the year."
 Can you please waive it this time?

 


lol i doubt they'll believe the AF was charged at the end of the year with your credit profile


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 2,981
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: Upgrade to Surpass


Walt_K wrote:

The card gives 40,000 for first purchase and 20,000 additional points after spending $3000 in 90 days.  I'd rather just apply for the normal offer than take the upgrade anyway.  It's 10K more points.


Plus backdating if I apped 1/13...I don't need any more HPs, but I will think about it when the time comes.

 

The no AF card is offering 65k now.

 

 

 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    


     $14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Upgrade to Surpass


Dustink wrote:

Walt_K wrote:

The card gives 40,000 for first purchase and 20,000 additional points after spending $3000 in 90 days.  I'd rather just apply for the normal offer than take the upgrade anyway.  It's 10K more points.


Plus backdating if I apped 1/13...I don't need any more HPs, but I will think about it when the time comes.

 

The no AF card is offering 65k now.

 

 

 


no worries if you app january 2013, or January 2014 it'll backdate the same anyways so not like you HAVE to do it this January.


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 2,981
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: Upgrade to Surpass

I think I am going to get at least one more AMEX this coming January.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    


     $14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Upgrade to Surpass

[ Edited ]

Dustink wrote:

I think I am going to get at least one more AMEX this coming January.


Let me know when your going to do it, if you don't live in Florida we can do it together over webcam while taking shots lol


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}