cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded Barclay Arrival to Arrival +, confused!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Upgraded Barclay Arrival to Arrival +, confused!

Hi,

I looked for over 20 minutes trying to find anything on this with now luck..so I'm posting.

Previously, i was trying to decide whether to use the Cap1 Venture or the Barclay Arrival + for traveling.  I wanted the Venture but i had no offer to upgrade from the Venture One. 

When I logged in to the Barclay "under services", i had a link/picture stating i could upgrade to the Arrival + (which I did).  Before I did this, i sent a secured email to CS asking if i was able to upgrade, they said no.  I then proceeded to go through the steps on this offer and upgraded...maybe he/she didn't know i had this offer??

My questions are:

Was that maybe a glitch?

Was the CS correct and then canceled my upgrade when he/she saw i upgraded under that offer?

My card still shows the Arrival when i log in, not the Arrival + --> is it because i have to first activate the card before it shows the correct one?

Thanks all!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Upgraded Barclay Arrival to Arrival +, confused!

I️ received this same offer online. Did you ever receive the card?
Message 2 of 5
wasCB14
Super Contributor

What's the appeal of upgrading? The value I see in Arrival+ and Venture is in getting the bonus and then downgrading to avoid the AF.

The rewards on those cards improve, but you already have a lot of cards with good rewards.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I️ received this same offer online. Did you ever receive the card?

Yes, i did receive the card.  It was not a glitch.  I ended up downgrading back because I got a different card and needed to meet the spending on it.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you !
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.