Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded Chevron to Visa

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Upgraded Chevron to Visa

I called because I was looking at my credit report and it showed CL of $124, he said because I had not used card, so he put the CL back $1200 then I upgraded to Visa.

Now the new Visa is it the same CL or will it be higher/lower?

Is it one account with 2 CL, one for gas, one for visa like Macy's or just 1 cl for everything?

after the call I got my online account access setup again and it shows 2 accounts with different CL, would the smaller one be the visa showing already? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Upgraded Chevron to Visa

How did you upgrade to Visa?  Did you make a request for PC and they approved?  Who backs the Visa?  We have the Texaco/Chevron card with $1500 CL through GEMB.

Message 2 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yes you call in and request, kind of sounds like an application and then he said approved. not sure if credit pull was done or not
Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Another Perfect example of what an awful bank GE is.  If you want to upgrade your GE store cards to visa, they just click a button and it's based on a soft pull and account history and they tell you instantly, I did not know this and apparently the idiot I got that day didn't either.  He took a whole new application and not only did we not end up with the visa, but we ended up with a second f'ing Chevron card... I don't even use the first one that was the point of the upgrade!

So full hard credit hit and new account killing age of credit... OVER IT.

Supervisor says she will escalate to her supervisor why an application was done and the fact NO ONE had permission to pull credit and how a second card even got opened in the first place, the system is suppose to decline a duplicate account, she also gave me address to write into about my disgust. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That suck's DI. I always worry about stupid things like that happening. That just means more BS you have to go through to get it fixed.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.