cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded from Quicksilver One -> Quicksilver World Mastercard Elite!

tag
celticslegends
Frequent Contributor

Upgraded from Quicksilver One -> Quicksilver World Mastercard Elite!

I've been trying to do this for a while and was denied a product upgrade several times. I tried once more with EO at Cap 1 recently and finally received the call today that they will be upgrading me to the regular Quicksilver with no annual fee and that it is the World Mastercard Elite. She said there will be info pertaining to that status when I receive the new card in 7-10 days. I'm not really sure what World Mastercard Elite really is. Thought I would share this good news with you. For the record, I started out with a Cap 1 Plat card in July 2014 with a $300 limit and credit steps. Now I have the Venture Signature $5k limit and Quicksilver WME $5k limit. Prayer, patience, myfico forums and hard work gets the job done!

Starting score from CU: (11/13) 520
Recent Scores: TU FICO 08 (7/15) 693; (8/15) 701 | EQ FICO 08 (7/15) 671 | EX FICO 08 (8/15) 684
Goal Score: (Oct '15) 700+
Cards: Cap 1 Venture Signature $5000 Limit | UFCU Visa Plat $4000 Limit | Cap 1 Quicksilver WMEC $5000 Limit | Walmart Store Card $6000 Limit | Amazon Prime Store Card $6000 Limit | Barclays Rewards $1500 Limit | Amex EveryDay Card $2000 Limit | Chase Slate $3000 Limit |
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Upgraded from Quicksilver One -> Quicksilver World Mastercard Elite!

It's Mastercard's version of the Visa Signature.  It has added perks.  Here's a link to Mastercard's site about it.  
https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/consumers/find-card-products/credit-cards/world-elite.html

@celticslegends wrote:

I've been trying to do this for a while and was denied a product upgrade several times. I tried once more with EO at Cap 1 recently and finally received the call today that they will be upgrading me to the regular Quicksilver with no annual fee and that it is the World Mastercard Elite. She said there will be info pertaining to that status when I receive the new card in 7-10 days. I'm not really sure what World Mastercard Elite really is. Thought I would share this good news with you. For the record, I started out with a Cap 1 Plat card in July 2014 with a $300 limit and credit steps. Now I have the Venture Signature $5k limit and Quicksilver WME $5k limit. Prayer, patience, myfico forums and hard work gets the job done!

Message 2 of 35
celticslegends
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It's Mastercard's version of the Visa Signature.  It has added perks.  Here's a link to Mastercard's site about it.  
https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/consumers/find-card-products/credit-cards/world-elite.html

@celticslegends wrote:

Thanks! Looks good.

Starting score from CU: (11/13) 520
Recent Scores: TU FICO 08 (7/15) 693; (8/15) 701 | EQ FICO 08 (7/15) 671 | EX FICO 08 (8/15) 684
Goal Score: (Oct '15) 700+
Cards: Cap 1 Venture Signature $5000 Limit | UFCU Visa Plat $4000 Limit | Cap 1 Quicksilver WMEC $5000 Limit | Walmart Store Card $6000 Limit | Amazon Prime Store Card $6000 Limit | Barclays Rewards $1500 Limit | Amex EveryDay Card $2000 Limit | Chase Slate $3000 Limit |
Message 3 of 35
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I am assuming it is the wold master card.. not aware of the QS have a WEMC.  Unless this is something new.

Message 4 of 35
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 35
ddemari
Super Contributor

Recently a platinum turned quicksilver1 mc was bumped to 5k limit, card is 4 years old with 39 dollar annual fee. I called regular car and they removed fee but could not make it world. I'm waiting on new card to arrive, online it says quicksilver on the card and not quicksilver one anymore. I'm hoping the mc is at least gray silver tone lol.
Message 6 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I remember when I got my PC to WMC awesome!

Message 7 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! It actually is a solid card with old school raised numbers on it!! LOL

Message 8 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval

Message 9 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the PC!  I will be following the same path, but I'm curious yet how the TL reports after a PC.  Will by payment history and TL history stay the same, or will the PC appear as a new TL on my reports?

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.