Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded my PRG to Platinum

tag
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Upgraded my PRG to Platinum

Well, I did it. Will be doing some international traveling.

My question is: Will I be getting the same fancy welcome package from upgrading? I know you get one from opening new account.

Thanks.
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: Upgraded my PRG to Platinum

@armbenderc wrote:
Well, I did it. Will be doing some international traveling.

My question is: Will I be getting the same fancy welcome package from upgrading? I know you get one from opening new account.

Thanks.

Hey Arm,

I didn't get any fancy packaging...lol! Mine came in a plain, white envelope. I was kind of surprised, since the Discover it card came in a nicely finished box-like mailing. I guess the card is what's important, but I remember when AmEx mailings came with all the bells and whistles.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 2 of 10
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

My PRG came in white envelope. Did you get the Platinum?
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

Message 3 of 10
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

I got the package when I upgraded (business versions). If you just get the card flip it over, call the number on the back and ask for the package. 

Message 4 of 10
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:
My PRG came in white envelope. Did you get the Platinum?

Oh wait...I wasn't clear...lol. I got the PRG and it came in a plain envelope. I'll be ugrading mine in February.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 5 of 10
12njoy
Super Contributor

My PRG came in a box just like the Discover (well better than the Discover package).

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 6 of 10
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the upgrade - enjoy!

Message 7 of 10
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

My PRG came in a box just like the Discover (well better than the Discover package).

My DD's came in a welcome box via UPS overnight.

Message 8 of 10
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@focusanddetermined, wait, so you did the upgrade and got it overnight with the welcome package?

Message 9 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats on the upgrade Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.