Valued Contributor
CreditScholar

Upgrades coming to Ritz-Carlton Visa by JPM

[ Edited ]
I just got off the phone with a JPM CSR who informed me that starting May 1, new cards will be sent out to us with EMV chips. Also effective as of this month, the Ritz card will get 5 points per dollar at Marriott properties and Ritz Carltons. Previously they only offered 1 point per dollar at Marriotts, so this is definitely a welcome change.
FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Senior Contributor
Open123

Re: Upgrades coming to Ritz-Carlton Visa by JPM

This is excellent news.  

With the new additions, I may just keep and use this card instead of the CSP, since I've got Chase Ink cards.  The 2X dining and travel on the Ritz may be more valuable, now that I can redeem and use it at all Mariotts.

Valued Contributor
CreditScholar

napplegate wrote:

Are Ritz Carlton reward points and Marriot points transferrable between the programs?  I've thought about getting the Ritz card at some point but only if I can transfer the points to the Marriot program if needed.

They're essentially the same, in that Ritz Carlton points can be used to book Marriott rooms and Marriott points can be used to book Ritz Carlton rooms. You can only be in one program at a time, but you can change programs just by contacting them and asking to swap.

The only real difference between being a MR and RCR member is what promotions you get. MR members will usually see Megabonuses, while RCR will get promos like stay 4 nights at a RC and earn an extra 30k points. RCR runs that promo once per year it seems, usually around summer.

FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Regular Contributor
Sevenfeet

About half of the Ritz Carlton's worldwide are managed by Marriott. The trick in booking is finding out if the property is a Marriott or not.

.......NPSL..…..…$28K….....….$25K.............$20K..............$20K..............$20K..….......$9.5K…........$7.5K.…........$9K..............$4.5K

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+