Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrades coming to Ritz-Carlton Visa by JPM

tag
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Upgrades coming to Ritz-Carlton Visa by JPM

I just got off the phone with a JPM CSR who informed me that starting May 1, new cards will be sent out to us with EMV chips. Also effective as of this month, the Ritz card will get 5 points per dollar at Marriott properties and Ritz Carltons. Previously they only offered 1 point per dollar at Marriotts, so this is definitely a welcome change.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Upgrades coming to Ritz-Carlton Visa by JPM

This is excellent news.  

With the new additions, I may just keep and use this card instead of the CSP, since I've got Chase Ink cards.  The 2X dining and travel on the Ritz may be more valuable, now that I can redeem and use it at all Mariotts.

Message 2 of 4
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@napplegate wrote:

Are Ritz Carlton reward points and Marriot points transferrable between the programs?  I've thought about getting the Ritz card at some point but only if I can transfer the points to the Marriot program if needed.

They're essentially the same, in that Ritz Carlton points can be used to book Marriott rooms and Marriott points can be used to book Ritz Carlton rooms. You can only be in one program at a time, but you can change programs just by contacting them and asking to swap.

The only real difference between being a MR and RCR member is what promotions you get. MR members will usually see Megabonuses, while RCR will get promos like stay 4 nights at a RC and earn an extra 30k points. RCR runs that promo once per year it seems, usually around summer.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 3 of 4
Sevenfeet
Regular Contributor

About half of the Ritz Carlton's worldwide are managed by Marriott. The trick in booking is finding out if the property is a Marriott or not.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.