cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Amex Blue Cash to Blue Cash Preferred?

tag
sltyler1

Upgrading Amex Blue Cash to Blue Cash Preferred?

Was curious if anyone has tried upgrading their Amex Blue Cash to Blue Cash Preferred. And if you have, did they offer any kind of bonus like you'd get when signing up for a new card.

Searched around and didn't really find information on this.

Thanks for your time!

Make your money work for you.

Discover (20,000 CL), Chase Freedom (8,000 CL), American Express Blue Cash (23,000 CL), Amazon Store Card (5,000 CL), Citi Double Cash Back (10,500 CL), & Barclaycard Arrival (13,000 CL). Also authorized user on Kohls Card (1,000 CL), another Discover card (9,000 CL), & Angel Card (1,150 CL).
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Upgrading Amex Blue Cash to Blue Cash Preferred?

I could be wrong but I believe the bonuses are only for new accounts. 

Message 2 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Blue Cash, or Blue Cash Everyday?

Generally, as either of these cards have no AF, you have the card for a year before you can move to a card with an AF such as Blue Cash Preferred

If you PC, there are no sign up bonuses or incentives.   The good news is you don't have to take an inquiry and have a new account report,.  For big bonuses, that's not so important, which is why you see people saying you should never PC to cards like the CSP, just app instead.

Message 3 of 13
sltyler1

Just the Blue Cash, not the everyday card.

Cool, will probably upgrade and take advantage of the % increase for cashback, had the card for 16 months?

Discover (20,000 CL), Chase Freedom (8,000 CL), American Express Blue Cash (23,000 CL), Amazon Store Card (5,000 CL), Citi Double Cash Back (10,500 CL), & Barclaycard Arrival (13,000 CL). Also authorized user on Kohls Card (1,000 CL), another Discover card (9,000 CL), & Angel Card (1,150 CL).
Message 4 of 13
Shock
Established Contributor

but is 50k UR points worth a HP and new tradeline?

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 5 of 13
sltyler1

Sorry maybe I used the wrong verbage. I was thinking about upgrading my Blue Cash non-Preferred card to a Blue Cash Preferred card. I don't have nor want the Blue Cash Everyday card. Smiley Happy

Can't I call and just ask them to upgrade my current Blue Cash card to the preferred version with no HP on my credit?

Message 6 of 13
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Shock wrote:

but is 50k UR points worth a HP and new tradeline?

For some people: absolutely.

Message 7 of 13
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@sltyler1 wrote:

Sorry maybe I used the wrong verbage. I was thinking about upgrading my Blue Cash non-Preferred card to a Blue Cash Preferred card. I don't have nor want the Blue Cash Everyday card. Smiley Happy

Can't I call and just ask them to upgrade my current Blue Cash card to the preferred version with no HP on my credit?

I'm sure you can. Did the 6.5k spend at 1% make you not want the unlimited 5% on the categories? Just curious. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 13
sltyler1

Sorry Kenny you lost me haha.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kenny wrote:

@sltyler1 wrote:

I'm sure you can. Did the 6.5k spend at 1% make you not want the unlimited 5% on the categories? Just curious. Smiley Happy

Maybe after the latest Original BC scare..... Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.