Established Member
brittany15213

Upgrading BofA card??

My first ever credit card was the BofA student rewards card 6 years ago. Within this time period I have had some missed payments with them back from 2009 but have been current and the balance was paid to zero a couple months ago I dont want to close this since it is my first credit card but I want to upgrade to the cash rewards card instead of the student since I am not a student and there are no benefits on this card anymore since my missed payments and my interest rate sky-rocketed...I applied for the cash rewards card but got denied about a week ago. Does anyone know who I can call or if it even possible to upgrade cards with them? Would I have to do a recon? If it is going to restart my card opened date then I dont want to do it because my AAoA will go way down

Current Score: EQ 632 EX 653 TU 617
My Wallet: Barclay $2000 | Military Star $4200 | Navy Federal $3500 | Chase Freedom $1500 | Bank Of America $600 | American Eagle $500 | The Company Store $250 | Amazon $400 | Children's Place $150
OFFICIALLY GARDENING: 03/19/13 to 09/19/13 or later
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Re: Upgrading BofA card??

First rule of thumb..Recon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also after a 6 year old account I would think your eligible for other cards as well

brittany15213 wrote:

My first ever credit card was the BofA student rewards card 6 years ago. Within this time period I have had some missed payments with them back from 2009 but have been current and the balance was paid to zero a couple months ago I dont want to close this since it is my first credit card but I want to upgrade to the cash rewards card instead of the student since I am not a student and there are no benefits on this card anymore since my missed payments and my interest rate sky-rocketed...I applied for the cash rewards card but got denied about a week ago. Does anyone know who I can call or if it even possible to upgrade cards with them? Would I have to do a recon? If it is going to restart my card opened date then I dont want to do it because my AAoA will go way down

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

Blogger
HiLine

Re: Upgrading BofA card??

brittany15213 wrote:

I would call them and see what they have to offer. You are a good customer; they know that. :smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}