Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from Delta Amex Gold to Platinum

tag
Alkalinem0n0
Contributor

Upgrading from Delta Amex Gold to Platinum

Hey guys, 

I gotta say I love my skymiles gold amex my first year is almost up I saw an upgrade bonus it is as follows:

Upgrades from a Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card can get 5,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles after you charge an eligible purchase to your upgraded Card account within the first 12 months

Does anyone know what the "eligible purchase" is? The 5,000 MQM would qualify me for gold this year which would be handy since I'm not sure if I'll be flying for the rest of the year and if I do fly it will make obtaining platinum a little easier. The companion ticket is a nice little kicker too.

Thanks,

BofA Cash Rewards 16 k|BofA Travel Rewards 10k|Gold Delta SkyMiles American Express 32k|Discover IT 7k|Chase Freedom 10k
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jd352
Regular Contributor

Re: Upgrading from Delta Amex Gold to Platinum

Since this is a targeted offer, it could vary from person-to-person. It is best to call the number on the back of your card to inquire about the details.

NPSL............... $20,700........... $15,200.......... $5,000............ $15,000............ $20,000
Current Scores: Equifax: 761 (Fico) TransUnion: 751 (Fico) Experian: 768 (Fico)
Message 2 of 5
Alkalinem0n0
Contributor

Will give them a call later. Thanks

BofA Cash Rewards 16 k|BofA Travel Rewards 10k|Gold Delta SkyMiles American Express 32k|Discover IT 7k|Chase Freedom 10k
Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Alkalinem0n0 wrote:

Hey guys, 

I gotta say I love my skymiles gold amex my first year is almost up I saw an upgrade bonus it is as follows:

Upgrades from a Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card can get 5,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles after you charge an eligible purchase to your upgraded Card account within the first 12 months

Does anyone know what the "eligible purchase" is? The 5,000 MQM would qualify me for gold this year which would be handy since I'm not sure if I'll be flying for the rest of the year and if I do fly it will make obtaining platinum a little easier. The companion ticket is a nice little kicker too.

Thanks,

eligible purchase usually means any purchase that is not considered some sort of cash advance (gift cards) or BT... so any of your regular charging would be considered eligible purchases.

Message 4 of 5
Alkalinem0n0
Contributor

Just off the phone with a rep there is no min spend you can get it by spending $1 dollar.

i'll be upgrading once my card is a year old next month Smiley Happy 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.