Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from zync to gold prem rewards after 1 month details per request

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Upgrading from zync to gold prem rewards after 1 month details per request

Hey chaps, So I mentioned I did the above in the subject line yesterday. Well to confirm. If you do this they will pull a HARD inquiry Again. So that's 2 for me. Nov and now Dec That wait 1 year thing they want u to do - well u can upgrade than NO inquiries are pulled U don't have to wait 6 months etc for a new card. If u do it before the 12 months u take a hit on the inquiry side. Let me know if you have further specific questions.
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Upgrading from zync to gold prem rewards after 1 month details per request

This was talked about in the other thread very extensively yesterday.

You now have a Zync and a Gold the way you did it, are you keeping both open?

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I know we all discussed this yesterday. I was asked to confirm if the new inquiry hit my report. Got the alert this afternoon on CR So I'm letting the people who wanted to know for sure that second is a hard pull. Yes keeping both cards open. Thanks
Message 3 of 23
Ron1
Super Contributor

I upgraded my Amex Rewards Plus Gold to Premier Rewards Gold and they only pulled soft on my EXP.  They might pull hard if you want to keep both accounts open. That means it would be brand new apps for Premier Rewards Gold. You weren't trading in your Zync for the Premier Gold. They will give you a new number for Premier Rewards Gold if they approve you. 

Ron.

Message 4 of 23
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

so how long did you wait? I'm assuming it was less than 6 months.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Si Correcto - both cards open. Hard pull. Not upgrade. I was told 12 months by csr for upgrade. PS. According to many amex does soft pulls all the time. So getting approved in that sense isn't like a real approval. More like "oh yea you can have that u look responsible from what you shown us" It was instant approval btw
Message 6 of 23
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Si Correcto - both cards open. Hard pull. Not upgrade. I was told 12 months by csr for upgrade. PS. According to many amex does soft pulls all the time. So getting approved in that sense isn't like a real approval. More like "oh yea you can have that u look responsible from what you shown us" It was instant approval btw

lol nice, are you planning to keep both cards?

Which card will benefit you more?

I think the Gold would only benefit you more if you spend heavily to outweigh the annual fee.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ron is correct. I have 2 different card numbers now. I would post them but than that would be mighty "Sheepish" lol
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have the connect pak - double points on phone cable bills. The eco pack double points at certain food joints that I go to all the time. Gold - travel transfer points ability. U can't in zync. Double points gas and groceries. Also not on zync. The points pool. I benefit more. Like that hamster kia ad - u can go with this you can go with that. Etc
Message 9 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
i have the connect pak - double points on phone cable bills. The eco pack double points at certain food joints that I go to all the time. Gold - travel transfer points ability. U can't in zync. Double points gas and groceries. Also not on zync. The points pool. I benefit more. Like that hamster kia ad - u can go with this you can go with that. Etc

you can probably link your zync to your gold to get the regular membership rewards Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.