cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading or PC from US BANK Platinum Visa to better card?

tag
garci349
Established Member

Upgrading or PC from US BANK Platinum Visa to better card?

Hello all, beforehand, I appreciate your time and knowledge.

Question 1.
I have had a US Bank Platinum since June 2012.

My initial limit was 1k.. after a year I was bumped up to a total of 3k.

I would like another card. Would this be a simple PC?

(Just called and th CSR said that there were no upgrades available for me as of today and that I should call next month) This make any sense?

Question 2.
I have a BankAmericard | Cash Rewards Visa since 2008 with a $500 credit limit.

I really want a CLI. Whats the best way of getting this? Calling or Online? How much should I request? My utilization on this card is about 25%.

Amex Green Card, U.S. Bank Platinum $2,000, U.S. Bank Line of Credit $1,500, BoFA Visa $500, C1 $500
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Re: Upgrading or PC from US BANK Platinum Visa to better card?

LOL I'm in that same boat its always that same answer there are no upgrades... IT makes me so mad...
CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 2 of 8
garci349
Established Member

What if we apply for a new card? Will they transfer our accounts? The platinum visa has no damn rewards
Amex Green Card, U.S. Bank Platinum $2,000, U.S. Bank Line of Credit $1,500, BoFA Visa $500, C1 $500
Message 3 of 8
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

I tried lol... I applied for the US Bank Cash+ twice and still kept getting cash rewards 3 months apart but then i had the cards closed the same month and moved the limits to my platinum because my Platinum was oringally 1500
CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 4 of 8
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@shaun2009 wrote:
I tried lol... I applied for the US Bank Cash+ twice and still kept getting cash rewards 3 months apart but then i had the cards closed the same month and moved the limits to my platinum because my Platinum was oringally 1500

To product change to the Cash+ you need a $5k CL. I product changed to it with a 5 minute phone call after having the FlexPerks Select a little over a year.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 8
newUser0
Established Contributor

@garci349 wrote:

Question 1.

(Just called and th CSR said that there were no upgrades available for me as of today and that I should call next month) This make any sense?

I have gone through extreme to get this PC done. I was literally asked them to PC to ANY card of THEIR choice, that gives me rewards. 

No Go, some say, need to wait more than 1 Year before you PC.

I have contacted their FB, CSR, Twitter, EO etc. 

Question 2.

I really want a CLI. Whats the best way of getting this? Calling or Online? How much should I request? My utilization on this card is about 25%.

If you have a good payment history, this should be fine. Depending on your Income and Total CL you have, you can ask

the appropriate amount for the new CL.

Message 6 of 8
garci349
Established Member

It's been almost 2 years with them, this is bull**bleep**
Message 7 of 8
vpae
Established Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

@garci349 wrote:

Question 1.

I have gone through extreme to get this PC done. I was literally asked them to PC to ANY card of THEIR choice, that gives me rewards. 

No Go, some say, need to wait more than 1 Year before you PC.

I have contacted their FB, CSR, Twitter, EO etc. 

Question 2.

If you have a good payment history, this should be fine. Depending on your Income and Total CL you have, you can ask

the appropriate amount for the new CL.

Were you also coming from the Platinum? What is the CL on that card? Interesting that one can do it with a 5 minute phone call, and others can go through EO to no avail. In a year or so down the line, I too am interesting in PCing my Platinum to the Cash+ if possible.

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.