Upgrading the Green to PRG

tag
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

Re: Upgrading the Green to PRG

@09Lexie wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

Hello guys and gals,

I got my Amex Green in the mail today and I know MR point wise, I should have applied for the PRG, but I was a bit scared I wouldn't get approved. I know they have similar underwriting standards, but I guess I got spooked. Anyways, is there a way to ask to upgrade my account to a PRG? I have had this card for a day and haven't used it yet, but I know some banks won't upgrade a card to one with a higher AF until after 12 months. Any insight would be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

You wouldn't want to upgrade even if it were possible.  The sign up bonus is 25k and there are some offers of 50k

I got similiar concern like OP when I applied green, I really want big sign up bonus, I checked the offer term, in PRG, it said " not available for current amex member, and not available for charge card holder within 90 days." Under the Platinum, it only mentioned" not a charge card holder within 90 days". My goal in the future is eventually got the Platinum but really like the huge bonus of PRG as well. Can I cancel my green next year and apply for PRG and get bonus and eventually cancel PRG and get Platinum? 

I see people talking about clear caches to get the PRG bonus, is it still working?

Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.