cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upromise World MasterCard Ending Soon?

tag
sosabe77
Contributor

Re: Upromise World MasterCard Ending Soon?

@deltatee wrote:

Well this would explain why they didn't PC the SM into the Upromise like I thought they would do.

I don't think they can PC to/from cobranded cards, even if this card isn't being phased out.

Top 3: Amex BCP 25k - Chase Sapphire 17.5k - PSECU 20K

Starting Score: 714
Current Score: 759
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 20
Aahz
Established Contributor

@sosabe77 wrote:

@deltatee wrote:

Well this would explain why they didn't PC the SM into the Upromise like I thought they would do.

I don't think they can PC to/from cobranded cards, even if this card isn't being phased out.

Dozens (if not hundreds) of people have reported PCing their SallieMaes to Arrivals since the announcement of Commence.

Message 12 of 20
deltatee
Frequent Contributor

@Aahz wrote:

@sosabe77 wrote:

@deltatee wrote:

Dozens (if not hundreds) of people have reported PCing their SallieMaes to Arrivals since the announcement of Commence.

Yes.  And both the Upromise and the Sallie Mae were cobranded Sallie Mae cards.  So I know I was not alone in thinking that when Barclays decided to kill the Sallie Mae they would switch our cards over to the Upromise (I.e., the only other Sallie Mae card offered at the time).  The creation of a whole new Sallie Mae product makes a lot more sense now that it looks like they might be chopping the Upromise also,

Message 13 of 20
sosabe77
Contributor

@Aahz wrote:

@sosabe77 wrote:

@deltatee wrote:

I stand corrected.

Top 3: Amex BCP 25k - Chase Sapphire 17.5k - PSECU 20K

Starting Score: 714
Current Score: 759
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Barclay's lineup keeps shrinking. I still say I would not be surprised to see them sell off their card portfolio entirely at some point

Their page still shows 18 credit cards, not much less than Chase which shows 22.  Of course, most of us here find the Chase cards much more valuable than many of the Barclays co-brands, but I have no idea if the co-brands are generally profitable for them

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Barclay's lineup keeps shrinking. I still say I would not be surprised to see them sell off their card portfolio entirely at some point

Their page still shows 18 credit cards, not much less than Chase which shows 22.  Of course, most of us here find the Chase cards much more valuable than many of the Barclays co-brands, but I have no idea if the co-brands are generally profitable for them

This game wouldn't be so sweet if we were all savvy consumers.

For every churner there's 50 suckers carrying a balance or earning subpar rewards, usually squandered on even more subpar redemptions.

Message 16 of 20
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the heads up on the potential demise of this card. 

Am I able to switch this to another card from Barclays? The reason I want to keep this line open is the relatively good APR and history back to 2000.

Thanks in advance.

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Appleman wrote:

Am I able to switch this to another card from Barclays? The reason I want to keep this line open is the relatively good APR and history back to 2000.

Thanks in advance.

People have been mentioning that Barclays is allowing people to PC to Arrival or Rewards.

Message 18 of 20
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Appleman wrote:

Thanks in advance.

If something is actually going to happen with the card, Barclay will let you know....at this time, it's just not available for apps. The old Sallie Mae was pulled from apps for well over a year before Barclay took any action with it.

Once, or if, you get notice from Barclay, they would probably be more open to converting it to something else. But as of now, probably not.

Message 19 of 20
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Thank you

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.