BadMammaJ

Upromise denial

Honestly, I have been on an app spree.  It's been at least a year since I have applied for any new credit so I took the plunge.  I got approved for Walmart, Best Buy and Lane Bryant and another dept store card.  Feeling the need to apply for a real bank card I tried for the Upromise card since I do a lot of shopping online and it will help with paying back my student loans.  Unfortunately I was denied.  However, I'm thinking it may be due to the inquiries I've racked up.  Should I try to reconsider and where can I can I find the number to do so?

Starting Score Ex: Fako 629 Starting Score Eq: 602 Starting Score TU: 608
Current Score Eq: CK 561
Current Score TU: Walmart 621
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

My Wallet: Best Buy $400, Walmart $400, Amazon $700, (2)Cap One $500, Orchard Bank $350, Cap One $1000, Ashley Stewart $1000, GE $1500
Valued Contributor
jsucool76

Re: Upromise denial

Absolutely recon. UPromise is now a barclaycard, and they're huge on recons. The number is on the backdoor number thread it say Barclays - Credit Anaylst, and just tell them you want to do a recon and they'll be more than happy to help you. 

Good Luck!! 

Wallet: Capital One Cash Rewards 3500CL, Wells Fargo Cash Back College Visa: 900CL, Paypal Smart Connect: 1286CL, Walmart Discover: 2000CL, UPromise Mastercard: 1000CL, Chase Slate: 500CL, Discover IT: 1500CL, Citi Forward: 1500CL, Bank Of America Student Travel Rewards: 700CL
Valued Member
littlelottie

Re: Upromise denial

I was approved with quite a few inquires. Definately recon. It can only help.  You can try the backdoor numbers sticky or wait for the letter and see why they denied you. 

Starting Score (January 2013): TU: 704, EQ: 679, EX: 687
Current Score (September 2013): TU: 741. EQ: 703, EX: 712
Goal Score: 730 Across the Board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+