cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upromise denial

tag
BadMammaJ

Upromise denial

Honestly, I have been on an app spree.  It's been at least a year since I have applied for any new credit so I took the plunge.  I got approved for Walmart, Best Buy and Lane Bryant and another dept store card.  Feeling the need to apply for a real bank card I tried for the Upromise card since I do a lot of shopping online and it will help with paying back my student loans.  Unfortunately I was denied.  However, I'm thinking it may be due to the inquiries I've racked up.  Should I try to reconsider and where can I can I find the number to do so?

Starting Score Ex: Fako 629 Starting Score Eq: 602 Starting Score TU: 608
Current Score Eq: CK 561
Current Score TU: Walmart 621
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

My Wallet: Best Buy $400, Walmart $400, Amazon $700, (2)Cap One $500, Orchard Bank $350, Cap One $1000, Ashley Stewart $1000, GE $1500
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Upromise denial

Absolutely recon. UPromise is now a barclaycard, and they're huge on recons. The number is on the backdoor number thread it say Barclays - Credit Anaylst, and just tell them you want to do a recon and they'll be more than happy to help you. 

Good Luck!! 

Message 2 of 3
littlelottie
Valued Member

Re: Upromise denial

I was approved with quite a few inquires. Definately recon. It can only help.  You can try the backdoor numbers sticky or wait for the letter and see why they denied you. 

Starting Score (January 2013): TU: 704, EQ: 679, EX: 687
Current Score (September 2013): TU: 741. EQ: 703, EX: 712
Goal Score: 730 Across the Board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.