Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upromise vs. Sallie Mae

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Upromise vs. Sallie Mae

@juggalo9er wrote:

awful card i hate getting 10% back at wal mart and bass pro! the 14% on contacts with upromise is dreadful as well! guess i will send back my $191 on 1800 spend!

I had this card for a while, the cash back online is a good perk, very similar to shop discover. Other than that though it is bleh. 

Message 11 of 16
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:
Just for an update.. she was approved for a WMC with a 5k limit. Smiley Happy I was excited for her!

KennyRS,

do you mind sharing what her score was when she applied?

I don't know the score.. sorry! 

Message 12 of 16
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

awful card i hate getting 10% back at wal mart and bass pro! the 14% on contacts with upromise is dreadful as well! guess i will send back my $191 on 1800 spend!

Is it still more than someone would get with discover?  A lot people compare to Shop Discover but doesn't Discover give less ex. 5% walmart and only 1% back using the the Discover card?  I know the thread is about the Upromise vs. Sallie Mae wouldn't the best scenario be to have both?

Message 13 of 16
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@ezdoesit wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

Is it still more than someone would get with discover?  A lot people compare to Shop Discover but doesn't Discover give less ex. 5% walmart and only 1% back using the the Discover card?  I know the thread is about the Upromise vs. Sallie Mae wouldn't the best scenario be to have both?

yes it would! the two cards are meant for a very different kind of spending

Message 14 of 16
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

@ezdoesit wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

yes it would! the two cards are meant for a very different kind of spending

Does all of the cashback from the Upromise have to go toward a 529 plan?

Message 15 of 16
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

no you can request a check but if you have i believe 10,000 in a 529 through sallie mae you get a 10% bonus

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.