Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urge to Hit the Bank of America Credit Limit Request Button

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Urge to Hit the Bank of America Credit Limit Request Button

I called the backdoor number, couldnt wait. The analyst told me I was declined and that he would need to take another hard pull to review my application. I said forget it. Now i am annoyed with bank of america. lol

Message 11 of 34
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

I called the backdoor number, couldnt wait. The analyst told me I was declined and that he would need to take another hard pull to review my application. I said forget it. Now i am annoyed with bank of america. lol

call back that analyst was STUPID... bank of america uses the same hp for 30 days so unless you were auto denied by system on a sp (which would be odd) he doesn't need to pull again!

Message 12 of 34
ddemari
Super Contributor

I called back and got a really friendly analyst who I chatted up and she told me she would look over the application again, no hard pull. Had me on hold for 10 minutes and came back and said unfortunately we are declining it again because the largest past bill paid was 600 dollars. Well i was in the habit of spending and payinf weekly off the balance which I thought looked good. So even though I run over 1200 dollars a month through the card, I pay it to quickly and therefore I do not need a cli.

I was super bummed again. She said that's the only reason we are decling you. I think I am emailing the EO. 

Message 13 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

i hit that CLI button  and was bumped 4k. what is you current credit score  ? 

@ddemari wrote:

It is so hard for me to stay in the garden, I should freeze my reports! I have had my boa cash rewards card for 11 months. I am at $3500 on it and use it monthly, running anywhere between 500-1100 a month through it and PIF. I really want the signature version of the card, but I dont need it. 

Pulling the boa credit limit button is a total novelty to me today because I just want something like that to happen. My TU fico took a hit with a new card last month, but I have zero revolving debt. I'd pull the trigger if it wasnt so 50/50 in my head lol. 

Message 14 of 34
ddemari
Super Contributor

TU FICO 684. My TU enhanced fico bankscore card is 704. 

Message 15 of 34
ddemari
Super Contributor

I wrote an email to the EO office which worked for me last time. Fingers crossed it works the same as last time for me haha. I guess I am now just going to make one large payment a month. Or I am going to stop using the card frequently and use Amex, Freedom or SallieMae with better rewards. 

I am obsessing a little over this but I feel like I am a good customer who uses the card a lot and if they want to keep my business, althought I don't pay interest I use my card everywhere, I'd like the problem fixed. 

The best part of both my recons were the reps telling me how I can apply for a credit limit increase as much as I want online. Im like thanks? I know they use the same pull for a month but I doubt the system is going to change its mind lol. 

Message 16 of 34
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

It is so hard for me to stay in the garden, I should freeze my reports! I have had my boa cash rewards card for 11 months. I am at $3500 on it and use it monthly, running anywhere between 500-1100 a month through it and PIF. I really want the signature version of the card, but I dont need it. 

Pulling the boa credit limit button is a total novelty to me today because I just want something like that to happen. My TU fico took a hit with a new card last month, but I have zero revolving debt. I'd pull the trigger if it wasnt so 50/50 in my head lol. 

do it on your american express card instead, its a soft pull Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 34
ddemari
Super Contributor

Of course I couldnt help myself when I got the card but try out the purchase amount button and I was approved for 4k transaction. 

I am going to lay low after this one and luckily since myfico website is not working well for me, I can just hopefully distract myself from it and my scores lol. 

Message 18 of 34
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

The EO channel may not end up satisfying your needs if they already have it documented that you have received one <  6 months and quite simply the bank may not feel comfortable with granting you additional credit.  Whether it's an obsession or not, just gotta know when to pick your battles and cut your losses.  This is almost like a kid pouting for not getting their way, given they have been generous so far with opening the doors and unsecuring the product not long ago.

Message 19 of 34
ddemari
Super Contributor

You are totally right. I just feel like I couldn't let that hard pull go to waste lol. But ya, I feel like I shouldnt have even played with that button today. Boredem at work makes me do stupid things sometimes. 

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.