Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent advise regarding Application of Amex Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Urgent advise regarding Application of Amex Card

Applying for multiple Amex products in one day may be only one pull or may not be.  As for which one, it depends on your spending habbits and what you want from your rewards.  Though I think the SPG card is the most popular amongst Amex employees and they generally consider it the best, that doesn't mean it's best for you.

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, i applied for the blue cash everyday and it said that its under review and they will let me know in 14 days. Does it mean it got rejected?

Also, before applying I checked my pre-qualify and it showed, blue, blue sky and delta sky, but I di dnot apply for those as they did not interest me. When should I call the recon number.

Message 12 of 20
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, i applied for the blue cash everyday and it said that its under review and they will let me know in 14 days. Does it mean it got rejected?

Also, before applying I checked my pre-qualify and it showed, blue, blue sky and delta sky, but I di dnot apply for those as they did not interest me. When should I call the recon number.

doesn't mean anything.  Search for American express application status and check every once in a while,

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I got that message when I applied, the only time I haven't gotten an instant approval for a card.  But when I checked the app status the next morning I was approved.

Message 14 of 20
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got that message when I applied, the only time I haven't gotten an instant approval for a card.  But when I checked the app status the next morning I was approved.

+1 I checked 15 minutes after and said approved. 

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 15 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Fingers crossed for you OP!! BCE is a very nice card!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked the status this morninga nd it says approved. How do I find out the Credit Line?

Thank you all for your advice.

Message 17 of 20
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I checked the status this morninga nd it says approved. How do I find out the Credit Line?

Thank you all for your advice.

Congrats !   You can probably just call in and find out the CL ~ however it might take them a day or so before it is setup in their systems....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called and found that the CL is $2000, oh well its a start, how long beforee I should ask for a credit line increase and do they do it for every request and is it online or by calling. How much increase should I be asking for?

Message 19 of 20
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I called and found that the CL is $2000, oh well its a start, how long beforee I should ask for a credit line increase and do they do it for every request and is it online or by calling. How much increase should I be asking for?

At 60 days you can request up to 3X, so just ask for a CL of $6000 in two months.   It's a soft pull.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.