cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Us Airways Platinum/World cards account merge.

tag
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Us Airways Platinum/World cards account merge.

Thought I would post this for those that find themselves in this situation.

For one thing, these folks have got alot more liberal on what they are willing to allow with this whole merger mess.

I have held the Usairways  Platinum card with a 5K limit for for years, and a year a go, I wanted a world card, which they happily sent me with a 10K limit.

I then called and asked if it was possible to merge the two cards.

I was met with a less than enthusastic NO!

Fast forward one year. I called this morning, and they said they would not only combine the accounts, but move my existing CL from the 5K to the 10K for a grand total of 15K on my world aviator card.

Now I wont take the FICO ding for closing an account and loosing the 5K CL.

What a difference a year and a merger make Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Re: Us Airways Platinum/World cards account merge.

I think they will still close the account, which is good as you will have no immediate AAoA hit. Congratulations!
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheGardner wrote:
I think they will still close the account, which is good as you will have no immediate AAoA hit. Congratulations!

From my understanding of the situation, Barclays is desperate to keep ahold of the US Airways customers, so they're doing some things they wouldn't customarily do, like combining your credit limits.

Message 3 of 4
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Yes, Im sorry, I forgot to include that in the  original post. They will close the platinum account, but your right the only immediate affect should be the loss of the annual fee on the Platinum.

Any yes you are correct about them willing to do things they wont do normally. That is why I tried to request again.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.