Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Us Bank Cash Plus Visa Signature

tag
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Us Bank Cash Plus Visa Signature

Approved!!! 11/13    Limit: 6500      APR:13.99

i initally had my doubts i would be able to apply for this card this early. but when i checked my eq fico score and got 783, i figured i was good to go. i have been eyeing this card for quite some time now.

i am thrilled, and my patience has paid off. This will be card 15 for me. go to my non hyper link in my signature, (i havent figured out yet how to html the pictures of the cards)

i am looking forward to being able to finally cash in on this card. i of course, like most, will choose drug stores, fast food or dining, and online BILL PAY! yea!

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Us Bank Cash Plus Visa Signature

are you sure it's the Cash + ? cause most people think they're approved then get a 1% version =\ 

if it's the cash+ then congrats! 

"If you do not qualify for the U.S. Bank Cash+TM Visa Signature® Card, you will automatically be considered for the U.S. Bank Cash Rewards Visa® Platinum Card that earns 1% cash back on all net purchases and does not offer the 5% and 2% Cash+ Categories and the $25 Cash+ Bonus each time you redeem $100 or more cash back in a single redemption." the fine print

also how many inquries lately and what does your credit file look like? =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 62
Omri
New Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

are you sure it's the Cash + ? cause most people think they're approved then get a 1% version =\ 

I have a question about that, actually! This was the last card I applied for in a mini-app spree before gardening. I called in to the application status line, and just today learned that I was approved. If I was declined for the Cash+, would they still say I was approved if I got the 1% version?

Recent FICO scores: TU - 755 (mortgage lender pull)
Message 3 of 62
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Omri wrote:

[quote]are you sure it's the Cash + ? cause most people think they're approved then get a 1% version =\ [/quote]

I have a question about that, actually! This was the last card I applied for in a mini-app spree before gardening. I called in to the application status line, and just today learned that I was approved. If I was declined for the Cash+, would they still say I was approved if I got the 1% version?

yep it still says approved to quite a few people from different boards. One guy reported the bank rep at a local location wanted to change his account to a no annual fee account and said approved for Cash+ but got the 1% card instead =\

Message 4 of 62
Gharlane

If I may ask a question about this card...

I just switched my 1981-vintage Classic card to the Cash+ Signature, and I'd *like* to get the 5% cash-back Bill Pay, but I haven't figured that out.

US Bank's Internet Bill Pay, where I pay most of my bills, doesn't list the card as a payment source, just my checking account.

The various utilities etc. that I have autopay set up with also seem to only want to get their money from my checking account.

Does this mean, to use the Cash+ Sig card to pay bills, I'm going to have to do them all manually every month?  That would majorly suck!

Recent scores: TU FICO 802; EQ FICO 812; EX PLUS (FAKO) 815

CLs: Amex Blue 20.3K | Amex Costco TE 20K | Chase Slate 19.8K | Chase Slate 16.5K | USBank Cash+ Sig 17K | Sears 5.6K | Discover More 6.5K
Message 5 of 62
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Gharlane wrote:

I just switched my 1981-vintage Classic card to the Cash+ Signature, and I'd *like* to get the 5% cash-back Bill Pay, but I haven't figured that out.

US Bank's Internet Bill Pay, where I pay most of my bills, doesn't list the card as a payment source, just my checking account.

The various utilities etc. that I have autopay set up with also seem to only want to get their money from my checking account.

Does this mean, to use the Cash+ Sig card to pay bills, I'm going to have to do them all manually every month?  That would majorly suck!

You have to sign up for your categories not sure if you did that yet, there's like 20 categories you can choose from, you have to pick your categories each quarter.

Message 6 of 62
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

i called the underwriting department to confirm my approval, and they specific that i was approved for the Cash plus and not the cash rewards. i would hope that this would not change. i still am waiting for my card to arrive so i am keeping my fingers crossed.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 7 of 62
RonDawg
Contributor

@Gharlane wrote:

I have my bills setup to go through my visa by going through the billers auto pay on the billers website.  There is only one bill I will have to sign into the billers website each month and tell it to charge my visa and that is because the biller goes through a third party biller and they do not have an auto pay option.  Its not that big of a deal really and the 5% back is awesome!

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 8 of 62
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats on the approval!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 9 of 62
Omri
New Contributor

One other question: If I did get approved for the Cash+, can I set up categories for this quarter, even though it's already so far into it, or do I have to wait until January to get 5% on things?

Recent FICO scores: TU - 755 (mortgage lender pull)
Message 10 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.