Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Us airways certificate news

tag
bigbang91
Established Contributor

Us airways certificate news

I just read that you will be able to use the certificate on aa after july. All us airways flight will be converted to aa in july.awesome news!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Us airways certificate news

Good to know.. Thanks for sharing.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet Smiley Happy Thanks
Message 3 of 15
AeroKrix
Frequent Contributor

The question is... Will they still be issuing the certificate on your year anniversary after the conversion?

Current 09/01/2021 EQ - 515 FAKO ; EX - 591 FICO ; TU - 598 FICO

Venmo CC $5.0K || Paypal Cashback CC $2.0K || Walmart CC $3.0K || CapOne QS1 $700 || CapOne QS $800 || Mission Lane $1.5K || Merrick $1.0K || AMEX Optima $500
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure, don't plan on keeping it beyond the first year. But good question.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AeroKrix wrote:

The question is... Will they still be issuing the certificate on your year anniversary after the conversion?

No they won't.  Last year was it.

Message 6 of 15
AeroKrix
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AeroKrix wrote:

No they won't.  Last year was it.

Bummer! And I fly AA almost exclusively b/c my SO loves AA. So I was happy when I was finally able to be approved for the card.

Current 09/01/2021 EQ - 515 FAKO ; EX - 591 FICO ; TU - 598 FICO

Venmo CC $5.0K || Paypal Cashback CC $2.0K || Walmart CC $3.0K || CapOne QS1 $700 || CapOne QS $800 || Mission Lane $1.5K || Merrick $1.0K || AMEX Optima $500
Message 7 of 15
SMDLiquid
Regular Contributor

@bigbang91 wrote:

I just read that you will be able to use the certificate on aa after july. All us airways flight will be converted to aa in july.awesome news!

Thats great news! Can you post link?

Chase Freedom | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred AU | Amex EDP AU | Amex SPG | Citi Prestige | Citi AAdvantage Executive | AAdvantage Aviator Red |

FICO: Experian 821 | TransUnion 825 | Equifax 830 | Last App: 08/28/2017
Message 8 of 15
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@bigbang91 wrote:

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The AA flight to where I'm going is $145 cheaper and nonstop.

HELL YES.

I love you, OP. 

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@bigbang91 wrote:

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The AA flight to where I'm going is $145 cheaper and nonstop.

HELL YES.

I love you, OP. 

That's very rare for AA to be cheaper.  Normally they are much higher than the comparable USAirways amount.  Glad it works out for you.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.