Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Us airways certificate

tag
bigbang91
Established Contributor

Us airways certificate

Anyone feel like this certificate is pretty much useless now?i search a roundtrip ticket to miami for my bd, majority of flight on us airway mark as Aa flight. Also, us airways flight has stop, and costs 570 for 2 person. While AA nonstop flight cost me 600,not much saving from the certificate either. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Re: Us airways certificate

...I keep hoping that they open up availability to AA flights, but I don't think it will end up happening.

I was looking at Miami, but I think I'm going with San Diego. 

On the plus side, I just got an e-mail for a small 15 minute activity for 1k AA miles and a sweepstakes entry, so that was pretty cool Smiley Happy

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think it's worthless.  I can use it for a non stop flight from DC to Vegas just the same now as before.

Message 3 of 15
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think it's worthless.  I can use it for a non stop flight from DC to Vegas just the same now as before.

Yeah us airway from houston to vegas is 800$, is dc us airways hub? 

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bigbang91 wrote:

Anyone feel like this certificate is pretty much useless now?i search a roundtrip ticket to miami for my bd, majority of flight on us airway mark as Aa flight. Also, us airways flight has stop, and costs 570 for 2 person. While AA nonstop flight cost me 600,not much saving from the certificate either. 

US Airways will use AA flight if you are planning to come to Miami ( MIA). You have another option to go to Ft. Lauderdale ( FLL) via US Airways. I still have my certificate, I am not sure when I am going to use. By the way, I prefer nonstop flights.

Message 5 of 15
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bigbang91 wrote:

US Airways will use AA flight if you are planning to come to Miami ( MIA). You have another option to go to Ft. Lauderdale ( FLL) via US Airways. I still have my certificate, I am not sure when I am going to use. By the way, I prefer nonstop flights.

Do you know this for sure? IF I called the #, and gave them the AA flight numbers, they would book it?

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bigbang91 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah us airway from houston to vegas is 800$, is dc us airways hub? 

Yes, it's a hub

Message 7 of 15
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bigbang91 wrote:

the certificare states only US Airways  flight though

Message 8 of 15
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Haven't even got the certificate and other goodies yet. Need a nap. I quit stressing over this little card, it's transferring points to aadvantage, that's all I care about. Smiley Wink
Signature needs updating
Message 9 of 15
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Don't we have until September to use it or something like that?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.