Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Us bank platinum card

tag
ld81
Established Member

Us bank platinum card

Is us bank platinum card a prime card?I just got one n how long I can increase credit limit ?thank u guys
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Us bank platinum card

US Bank issues 'prime' cc, a reliable lender generally a good bank to get in with due to v. good cs.  IIRC they like at least 6 mos b4 considering CLI requests

@ld81 wrote:
Is us bank platinum card a prime card?I just got one n how long I can increase credit limit ?thank u guys

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 22
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

It is a good card - I had one, but this week they changed it to a "FlexPerks cash rewards" card

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 22
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

I have both cards, Flex and Plat.  Not sure about how long you need to wait to get a CLI.  I got very good lines and never needed more, so I really can't say.  Great cards and a great bank.  They are my prime users.  I also like the way they have their on-line banking set up. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 4 of 22
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

6 months & no hard pull.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 5 of 22
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@tengtengvn wrote:

6 months & no hard pull.

How true is that?
Message 6 of 22
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

I have the Kroger card since May 2009. They started me with 6000. A few months later I called in and they said they could raise me to 7500 with no hard pull. I've spoken with US Bank CSR's a few times since November. One told me that they would eventually get the opening dates straight, and it seems they have.

Last month I called in and asked about a CLI. The CSR said that he could submit a request for up to 1500 with no hard pull. He submitted and said that I would be getting a letter. Then he went, Oh! It's already approved! He seemed surprised that it was pretty much instant. He added that the form on the website is the same as the one he does, and that a CLI request up to 1500 can be done without a hard pull.

Two days later the new 9000 CL showed, and I did get a letter a week later congratulating me on managing my card. I have waited a full month and no sign of any hard pulls by US Bank. As always, YMMV.

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 7 of 22
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

@MrShush wrote:

@tengtengvn wrote:

6 months & no hard pull.

How true is that?

That's how I got CLI on 3 cards I have with them. Will ask for CLI again next month.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 8 of 22
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Is there a max you can request before they pull hard?
Message 9 of 22
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

I got 2 CLI for my Platinum card and Bed Bath & Beyond card on one phone call.

Few months later when my FlexPerks cards hit 6 months mark, I called for CLI. Again, no hard pull.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.