Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Us bank

tag
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

Us bank

Does anybody have any experience getting a CLi though us bank? I have the rewards card but the cl is only 500. I spoke with a rep and he said its a Hp. I don't want to burn another inq kind of frustrating.

SIlver:

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Us bank

No idea. I have the Flex Perks Select card with them. A lot of people say US bank is conservative and around the lines of Discover. I haven't heard anyone mention a CLI but I can only assume it would be a HP.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 2 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

This varies by individual/US Bank relationship and profile.  If your account is not elegible for a CLI via SP, then the only route is HP, even if you contact their U/W dept.

Message 3 of 7
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info.

SIlver:

Message 4 of 7
Brax
Frequent Contributor

I wasted years trying to get a CLI through cardmember service reps. They aren't very helpful about explaining the CLI requests they take from you are automated SPs (which always seem to result in denial unless perfect credit).

Suggest dealing mainly with the U/W Dept to get a manual review. Yes, it will be a HP but at least you get the CLI then.

Message 5 of 7
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

I have the plain rewards card. I think I'll app for cash + next year I think it's a signature card ill keep my fingers crossed

SIlver:

Message 6 of 7
VinnyofLegend
Contributor

I was able to get a CLI increase on my Cash+ via soft pull from 6K to 10K through the web form on the US Bank site. I was pretty surprised. Tried to back out of it after the fact by calling underwriting and CS, but apparently it just went through quietly.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.