cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usaa high limit cards

tag
uofm

Usaa high limit cards

So recently I finally checked my score for equifax it was a 722. So I thought I only have one card a Starcard which is a retail card but the util is like 60 percent so I applied for 2 cards with usaa and I got instantly approved for 14000 and 12000 then a month later I got a car refi with them and they tell me I'm approved for a MasterCard with them with 15000 limit. So I figure one hard pull for my car refi send it. Btw my score went up to 744 now. I know it will dip after the new card reports because of my aaoa luckily not too much because my retail I ha e had for 10 years and multiple other loans and whatnot. Just a heads up if anyone is looking for Initial high limit cards!
Current scores: 6/10/13/Eq fico 744/Trans 722 5/1/13/Ex Fako 700
Current cards: usaa MasterCard CL15000/usaa Amex 14000/usaa visa12000/cap one 500
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Re: Usaa high limit cards

Congrats.  I recently got high cl from them also.  12k amex and 15k mc a month later but you got three high cl cards wtg.  The only thing is they cap at 50k across all cards I don't know if that matters to you I know it wouldn't for me.  More than I would ever need from those two cards.  Hope it helps next year when I go for the CSP again.

Message 2 of 16
uofm

Hmm I didn't know they capped at 50 k across. My goal was to get each up to like 20 or 25k. Not cause I need it just so I could if needed to make a big purchase and carry a balance for a month or two without have above a single 5 percent util. Maybe ill wait a while and cancel one and see if they can add the cl onto one of the other ones. Thanks for the info.
Current cards: usaa MasterCard CL15000/usaa Amex 14000/usaa visa12000/cap one 500
Message 3 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your recent approvals!

Looks like some gardening time is needed now.
Message 4 of 16
uofm

Oh yeah it is. I have 800+ goal in mind.
Message 5 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 16
uofm

Yup hopefully, I paid off my stars card and only have one baddie on my report from 6 years ago. I was deploying to Iraq and had my girlfriend (wife now) go to Verizon to shut off my phone. Turns out they didn't and it turned I to a 600 dollar collections. Did everything I could to get it off my report and they wouldn't. So I have perfect payment history on everything I've ever financed or borrowed, but one negative which was stupid Verizon. So needless to say I switched to AT&T and have been waiting out this baddie paying everything else on time. Hopefully I get a nice little jump when it falls off I doubt it though since I'm in prime range already it must not be dragging down my score much.
Message 7 of 16
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Is there a reason you went with 3 cards from USAA? Just asking because when I was in the Army I did the same thing. I missed out on a lot of rewards because I was extremely loyal to USAA. Since you are in prime range did you ever consider cards like Chase, AMEX or Discover? 

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 8 of 16
gsxrgirl

uofm, dude, being that you are military and you were deployed, Verizon could have suspended your line without you being charged a monthly service fees while you were away.  Then once you came back stateside, they could have turned it back on and then you will start getting your regular charges.  That sucks that you got hit will a $600 collection on your credit report because that was unessecary.  I think most of the major wireless carriers provide this to the military, because you never know when you might get deployed or you might get PCS'd to an area that they don't cover, as long as you can provide your orders/documentation, you can suspend your line or get out of the contract if need be.  One of my buddy's works at Verizon, so this is how I got this info about their policy, plus he's former Navy too.  :-)

Bro, somebody dropped the ball and you got hosed.  Sorry that happend to you.  I don't know if you are still in the military, but if so, you damn well better make sure next time you let any service provider know that you are in the service, so that way you never have an issue like this again.  

Take care!!

Message 9 of 16
gstq34
Contributor

@UOFM 

You need to find out where the executive offices in your regoin are for Veri$on (mine is ATL for the SE) and write a clear and factual letter.  Inlude a copy of your orders.  They will remove the baddie.  Also dispute the collection with documentation with the collection company.  There is a law protecting you in this instance, get some help getting it applied.  Do not settle.

Starting Score: 573
Current Score: 764 EX (FAKO)
Goal Score: 760 all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.