Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usaa high limit cards

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Usaa high limit cards

I had a fraud Verizon CA on my report for a couple of years. They kept selling it to places like Midland, and I couldn't ever get ahold of Verizon's credit reporting dept !!! Finally, I was able to dispute it off, but my score only bumped up like 10 points LOL
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 16
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

That's wierd. Do you have other collections on your CR?
Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 12 of 16
lonewolf210
Established Member

@uofm wrote:
Yup hopefully, I paid off my stars card and only have one baddie on my report from 6 years ago. I was deploying to Iraq and had my girlfriend (wife now) go to Verizon to shut off my phone. Turns out they didn't and it turned I to a 600 dollar collections. Did everything I could to get it off my report and they wouldn't. So I have perfect payment history on everything I've ever financed or borrowed, but one negative which was stupid Verizon. So needless to say I switched to AT&T and have been waiting out this baddie paying everything else on time. Hopefully I get a nice little jump when it falls off I doubt it though since I'm in prime range already it must not be dragging down my score much.

Yeah as couple others have said you should dispute that baddie. SSCRA protects military from collection of debts that were accrued before a deployment. It should not have gone to colection while you were gone and you ccan certianly dispute it

Message 13 of 16
uofm

I got all three with usaa because I knew for a fact they only pull equifax, kind of dumb I know but the CL are nice and substantial. In another year or two ill get some others.
Current scores: 6/10/13/Eq fico 744/Trans 722 5/1/13/Ex Fako 700
Current cards: usaa MasterCard CL15000/usaa Amex 14000/usaa visa12000/cap one 500
Message 14 of 16
uofm

I was at pope afb at the time in Fayetteville nc. The problem is by the time figured that I was getting screwed on my cr it had home to collections and I mean like 3 or 4 years had passed. So I have the orders from my deployment but some company called AfNI that doesn't want to hear it. I'm also so close to it falling off I feel like I disputing with the orders would somehow make it new again.
Current scores: 6/10/13/Eq fico 744/Trans 722 5/1/13/Ex Fako 700
Current cards: usaa MasterCard CL15000/usaa Amex 14000/usaa visa12000/cap one 500
Message 15 of 16
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

USAA told me when I got my cards that two was the limit but looks as tho you have 3 now. Smiley Happy. Congrats!
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.