Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usaa question

tag
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

Usaa question

So I recently found out from I was eligible to join USAA and best of yet that it was free so I did yesterday. I signed up online but realized I was only given a partial membership so I called in and the wonderful rep helped me get it converted to a full membership all while boasting that I have a long legacy with USAA in my family etc. once I signed in to my online I instantly had an offer for their Cash Rewards World MC. It's 0% interest til Sept 1, 2013 then 13.90% CL up to $25,000 as most people have stated previously. My real question is that I don't need another card especially since I PCed my Chase SW to Freedom and got 0% on that for 15 months I believe. Does USAA have a solid pre-approval and would they be generous enough to get me past the 4 digit CL's into the 10+? My current EQ is 710 4 inq's on that report. Again I don't need the card, but if it were one that will grow limit wise while I grow with the company and of I need the 0% at some point I could use it then I might consider
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

Re: Usaa question

The pre-approval is legit. Not a guarantee, but as close as they come in credit card land. As far as limits, they are not nfcu. It seems like most people get an initial limit in the 5-10k range. They gave me my highest limit (7k), and I see a lot of people whose only card above 5k is usaa. If you are interested in their insurance, there is a discount if you have one of their banking products (cc, checking, etc.). If you don't plan to use their checking, the cc is a great way to get that discount.
In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.