Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage Question, Please Help

tag
CrawlingUp

Usage Question, Please Help

Okay, So I pulled all my credit reports on the 10th and what I got was 

EQ: 638 (Dropped 25pts from my last report)

Trans: 677

EX: 643

My Credit Limits:

Chase: $5,000 (Just opened a month ago) (Owe $2000)

Discover: $1,000 (Opened a month ago) (Owe $30)

Exxon: $800 (Owe $500)

Wells Fargo: $500 (Owe $71)

Best Buy Platinum Mastercard: $300 (Owe $0)

Discover, Wells Fargo, $300 Exxon, and $300 Chase will be paid today!

I'll like to know whats the quickest way to increase my credit score to over 700. I'm planning on purchasing a new car in 6 months.  My car loan history

$15,000 Loan opened for a Toyota, paid off by trade in, lasted 6 months (Co-signer)

Currently have a $23,000 loan opened on my current car. Bought car in May 2013, the actual loan was $25,000 (Co-Signer)

My plan is to pay my car off as much as I can within these next 6 months to create positive equity, and I am saving money on the side for a down payment. My main goal is to obtain this loan without being or using a Co-Signer. Another issue is my credit history, I am only 20 years old so I don't have much. I just started working at a dealership about two months ago, I am still learning so my income is not where it should be soon, I've made 7k in my first two months. A little sense of where I am. What do you think? Is this possible? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Usage Question, Please Help

1. Pay the credit cards off.
2. What kind of dealership? You want to buy from them?
If yes I'm betting you tell your finance person and they will push through an app and approve it all on your own with no issues!!
Message 2 of 7
zerobacan
Established Contributor

All your cc at 0 reporting but one at 5 bucks will give you maximum fico score. Your short history aaoa and balance to loan ratio drag your score down.
Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 3 of 7
CrawlingUp

Got it,

I'm in the process of paying the Chase with is the hightest one off. Then I plan to only use $50 on each card to keep my UTI low.

I want to buy a 2014 Camaro 2ss 1le, now a major part I forgot to mention was the $45,000 price tag. I dont want any crazy APR. The APR on my toyota was 0% and on my current loan it is 4.49% I believe.  The dealership I will be purchasing from is not the dealership where I work at, they are different brands. 

Message 4 of 7
CrawlingUp

Got it, so keep them all at $0 and one at $5, and switch them every month? Only thing I fear is one of my cc's to stop reporting. 

Message 5 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

They won't stop reporting.
Chevrolet is 0% no?
Keep in mind your auto enhanced fico is probably higher than regular fico too
Message 6 of 7
CrawlingUp

Great!!

Maybe for the moment, not sure if they'll stay at 0% for 6 months.

Nice, so it may be higher.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.