Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Use Amex BCE to pay tuition?

longtimelurker wrote:

youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Well... I didnt see anywhere that they charge a fee when I went to the school's site to pretend I was going to make a payment lol

That's good.  No credit cards accepted at all at my daughter's school, just check, ACH, or installment plan via ACH (for which they charge $75 instead of interest).  Since the fee is ~ $60K per child per year, even a 1% rebate would be great!

ouch... way harsh... they could at least help out with some reward points! :smileytongue:

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Omg $60k on school annually! haha YIKES! Hope your fortunate enough not to need student loans with that!
I'll be happy with 50-100$ in cashback from my tuition :-p
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Super Contributor
longtimelurker

[ Edited ]

To be fair, when both daughters were there (one year overlap), the school did give 4K in loans and financial aid off the $120K..  Which was indeed better than nothing, but only slightly!

Established Contributor
ccnewcc

youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I have a tuition bill due in a few weeks. I was going to just pay from checking. However, I would like to pay w my BCE, which has a high enough cl. I would prob charge and pay it before Amex would even be able to report it on my CR.
does Amex frown on this? I dont think there are any fees that my school charges, and i'd get 1% back on it lol
Any one have experience? I certainly dont need to get myself a FR.

I would do it.  But I think that most schools charge for CC.  It might not say on the site, but I bet if you went to the bursar's office they would tell you.

What school do you go to?  Do you go to a school in one of those states that forbid CC surcharges? 

Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Haha that is good! I always got s****** on FAFSA in the past bc they make you include parent(s) income -.- $4k is indeed better than nothing! Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}