Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 651
Registered: ‎08-07-2012
0

Use Chase Freedom to pay auto lease for cash back?

Are we Chase Freedom holders allowed to use our chase card to pay a car payment and gain points or cash back benefits?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Super Contributor
Posts: 5,757
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: Use Chase Freedom to pay auto lease for cash back?


MountainHiker wrote:

Are we Chase Freedom holders allowed to use our chase card to pay a car payment and gain points or cash back benefits?


The only issue I could see arising is, whoever you got the car from (and are making payments to) may charge a fee for using a credit card, and the fee usually outweighs the CB you would be getting. 

;
Established Contributor
Posts: 651
Registered: ‎08-07-2012
0

Re: Use Chase Freedom to pay auto lease for cash back?


jsucool76 wrote:

MountainHiker wrote:

Are we Chase Freedom holders allowed to use our chase card to pay a car payment and gain points or cash back benefits?


The only issue I could see arising is, whoever you got the car from (and are making payments to) may charge a fee for using a credit card, and the fee usually outweighs the CB you would be getting. 


The fee is only $12. So the upside might be minimal in terms of of CB but the card usage would still be a plus.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Senior Contributor
Posts: 6,277
Registered: ‎08-16-2012
0

Re: Use Chase Freedom to pay auto lease for cash back?

OoooOooo If I ever get a lease I will do this for cashback. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Super Contributor
Posts: 5,757
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: Use Chase Freedom to pay auto lease for cash back?

I pay my rent with a credit card, so IDK, should work. They charge a flat fee as opposed to a percentage. They charge a $10 convenience fee, so if I pay a couple months at a time, my rewards counteract the convenience fee, and I get a profit in rewards Smiley Very Happy 

;
Highlighted
Established Member
Posts: 36
Registered: ‎07-30-2012
0

Re: Use Chase Freedom to pay auto lease for cash back?

I wish I could pay my auto loan with my CC. I have only seen the option to use my bank account but 1% back on a $250 payment wouldn't be worth the convenience fee I guess.

Established Contributor
Posts: 651
Registered: ‎08-07-2012
0

Re: Use Chase Freedom to pay auto lease for cash back?


amac373 wrote:

I wish I could pay my auto loan with my CC. I have only seen the option to use my bank account but 1% back on a $250 payment wouldn't be worth the convenience fee I guess.


At this point I just want to use my card so chase will review my account for future CLI's.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Regular Contributor
Posts: 214
Registered: ‎08-02-2012
0

Re: Use Chase Freedom to pay auto lease for cash back?

I use my card to pay any recurring monthly bill that allows me without penalty and then pay it off in full. I get lots of points and show high usage and extremely low balances. Maybe you could do this once or twice with your lease payment, rotate out pay some other bills (cable, rent) that don't charge a fee. Good luck!

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Established Contributor
Posts: 651
Registered: ‎08-07-2012
0

Re: Use Chase Freedom to pay auto lease for cash back?


beautybrainsbooty wrote:

I use my card to pay any recurring monthly bill that allows me without penalty and then pay it off in full. I get lots of points and show high usage and extremely low balances. Maybe you could do this once or twice with your lease payment, rotate out pay some other bills (cable, rent) that don't charge a fee. Good luck!


Great advice.No wonder I stick around here!

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.