cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Chase Freedom to pay auto lease for cash back?

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Use Chase Freedom to pay auto lease for cash back?

Are we Chase Freedom holders allowed to use our chase card to pay a car payment and gain points or cash back benefits?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Use Chase Freedom to pay auto lease for cash back?

@MountainHiker wrote:

Are we Chase Freedom holders allowed to use our chase card to pay a car payment and gain points or cash back benefits?

The only issue I could see arising is, whoever you got the car from (and are making payments to) may charge a fee for using a credit card, and the fee usually outweighs the CB you would be getting. 

Message 2 of 9
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@MountainHiker wrote:

The only issue I could see arising is, whoever you got the car from (and are making payments to) may charge a fee for using a credit card, and the fee usually outweighs the CB you would be getting. 

The fee is only $12. So the upside might be minimal in terms of of CB but the card usage would still be a plus.

Goal 750 Across

Message 3 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

OoooOooo If I ever get a lease I will do this for cashback. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I pay my rent with a credit card, so IDK, should work. They charge a flat fee as opposed to a percentage. They charge a $10 convenience fee, so if I pay a couple months at a time, my rewards counteract the convenience fee, and I get a profit in rewards Smiley Very Happy 

Message 5 of 9
amac373
Established Member

I wish I could pay my auto loan with my CC. I have only seen the option to use my bank account but 1% back on a $250 payment wouldn't be worth the convenience fee I guess.

Message 6 of 9
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@amac373 wrote:

I wish I could pay my auto loan with my CC. I have only seen the option to use my bank account but 1% back on a $250 payment wouldn't be worth the convenience fee I guess.

At this point I just want to use my card so chase will review my account for future CLI's.

Goal 750 Across

Message 7 of 9
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

I use my card to pay any recurring monthly bill that allows me without penalty and then pay it off in full. I get lots of points and show high usage and extremely low balances. Maybe you could do this once or twice with your lease payment, rotate out pay some other bills (cable, rent) that don't charge a fee. Good luck!

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 8 of 9
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@beautybrainsbooty wrote:

I use my card to pay any recurring monthly bill that allows me without penalty and then pay it off in full. I get lots of points and show high usage and extremely low balances. Maybe you could do this once or twice with your lease payment, rotate out pay some other bills (cable, rent) that don't charge a fee. Good luck!

Great advice.No wonder I stick around here!

Goal 750 Across

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.